• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Costa Citationair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You’re doing a pretty good job of perpetuating the perception that certain union supporters are not too smart and take the low road by reverting to name calling and such. This should only occur after you have been called out and the man didn’t do that.

You may not think so, but unions aren't too popular today in the US and supporters need to reinvent themselves if they expect to survive, and trying to bully people juts doesn't work.

Interesting that both unions and Republicans are in very similar positions at the same time. Both losing ground and being held back by small minded leadership.

Since over 90% of professional pilots are unionized your argument doesn't hold water. It's boilerplate anti union rhetoric really.

Which "union avoidance" law firm do you work for? You guys really need to update your playbook for the RLA and pilots. It's tiresome.

You’re doing a pretty good job of perpetuating the perception that certain union supporters are not too smart and take the low road by reverting to name calling and such. This should only occur after you have been called out and the man didn’t do that.

You may not think so, but unions aren't too popular today in the US and supporters need to reinvent themselves if they expect to survive, and trying to bully people juts doesn't work.

Interesting that both unions and Republicans are in very similar positions at the same time. Both losing ground and being held back by small minded leadership.

Who is bullying and taking the low road other than Sparse? He is the one who called all Union supporters at CitationAir out by claiming that "The IBT was dead." Since there is no factual evidence of that, it was a very low blow His comment at best is ignorant and at worst is petty and mean spirited designed to purposely damage.

As far as the rest of your post. I agree wholeheartedly about what you said when it comes to Republicans. Unions however have suffered from a concerted effort by the privileged classes to vilify and destroy them for the last 20+ yrs, so I really can't agree that it's their leadership that is the sole problem, but rather it seems there are too many potential members of the movement who have allowed themselves to be confused by the anti union propaganda machine and are consequently not supporting what they really should.

At the same time, Union membership has reinvented itself. Best example of that is the UAW. This time they and management worked together and managed to save our auto industry in Detroit. So things are looking up brother.

Last edited:
How Is a Pilot 'Professional'? No to Backpacks, Yes to Integrity.

• If all you do is BS all day about how great you are as a pilot or lie about an answer you don’t know, you are going to weaken the bond of trust that is critical to crew coordination. There are few things worse than a pilot who brags he knows everything, or one who makes up answers to important questions.
  • Another important point, with the myriad of chat rooms, blogs and message boards these days, what you say or upload can stay with you for a VERY long time. What you post on the web is pretty much there forever and the lack of civility I see these days is disturbing. Personal attacks against crewmembers on a web page or message board can have a detrimental effect to your future career. Remember that your online reputation can be as important as your offline one and employers do look for your online activities when they are considering hiring you. Having an opinion is fine, but be please respectful to others.
  • To sum it up, if we want to be treated as professionals, we have to earn it.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/wheelsu...rofessional-no-to-backpacks-yes-to-integrity/

After reading your post, the word nonsequitor comes to mind.

How much do they pay you to spew your bs? You should go re-read confessions of a union buster. That guy ended up feeling like he'd sold his soul. Was haunted by manifestations of the workers he'd sold down the river. This blogging gig worth that for you?

You are so thick, it makes my head hurt. The IBT is dead? Do you just get your jollies making up sh!t, or are you really this clueless? The truth is, you and I have no idea how many people are/are not paying dues. That breakdown while interesting for numerous reasons, is no measure at all of how hard the Union is working on behalf of it's membership. The Teamsters or any union for that matter have to continue to negotiate because they are required to do so by law once they win the right of representation.

You talked to a couple of pilots..., well that reveals most of why you are so misinformed right there. If you actually work at CA, then you just proved yourself to be part of the problem, if you don't, then you are just a tool of the worst kind.

Fact is, the Teamsters sponsored the vote which passed. That makes them the legal owners of the representation rights of all CitationAir pilots, whether they pay dues or not. Negotiations are ongoing and will continue regardless of how many lame brains refuse to send in their dues. The net effect the non payers will have is that it will delay the negotiation process unnecessarily. Management will think they can continue to drag their feet since the pilots will appear to them not to care about their own fates. In other words, this pre-contract/non contract, management whipsawing the pilot group because they still can, phase lasts much longer than it needs to.

Eventually there will be a contract though, but all non dues payers will not be allowed to vote on it when it does come out. Lastly, if any of these geniuses try to apply to other unionized properties, they will find themselves having a hard time (if they get hired at all) because all unions take a very dim view of free loaders. Don't forget, our industry is small and word always gets out; just ask any scabs out there how pleasant their careers have been since they made their fateful decisions to screw their fellow pilots by crossing a picket line.

Let's see, let's not pay now, so I will have to pay a lump sum later and all the while it takes even longer for things to improve where I currently hang my professional hat. At the same time I have no voice or input into what is being done by my union for me. Very sound thinking and I saved myself the cost of a cup of coffee per day to boot.

How dumb can you be?
I think I struck a nerve.

How Is a Pilot 'Professional'? No to Backpacks, Yes to Integrity.

• If all you do is BS all day about how great you are as a pilot or lie about an answer you don’t know, you are going to weaken the bond of trust that is critical to crew coordination. There are few things worse than a pilot who brags he knows everything, or one who makes up answers to important questions.
  • Another important point, with the myriad of chat rooms, blogs and message boards these days, what you say or upload can stay with you for a VERY long time. What you post on the web is pretty much there forever and the lack of civility I see these days is disturbing. Personal attacks against crewmembers on a web page or message board can have a detrimental effect to your future career. Remember that your online reputation can be as important as your offline one and employers do look for your online activities when they are considering hiring you. Having an opinion is fine, but be please respectful to others.
  • To sum it up, if we want to be treated as professionals, we have to earn it.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/wheelsu...rofessional-no-to-backpacks-yes-to-integrity/

I guess you tell whomever your interviewing with exactly who you are on every anonymous forum?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/anonymous?s=t

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stupid?s=t

Last edited:
Worst case of thread hijack I've ever seen.

... so, how are things looking at CitationAir?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back