The Costa Citationair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're welcome, glad to help.

No apologies necessary. I think we all recognize when one becomes too unsure of one's position to continue further. Who cares if this thread became about something else than mindless union bashing, happens all the time on this board; so??

The national election has demonstrated without a doubt (except maybe inside the minority Repub. bubble) that the political pendulum is firmly swinging back towards the center and away from all that right wing claptrap. (I know, I know, some of the red states are now trying to secede. I say, let em go. They will form a new Union of Dummies that will provide new cheap illegal labor with native language skills for the rest of us, sort of Mexico light. My apologies to Mexicans.) Oops, I digress again..

Ok then, if we must pretend to adhere to the orthodoxy of only posting about what the first guy who happened to :puke: into his computer brought up;

Let's talk about why there are still people unwilling to support their Union at CitationAir, when it is now clear as day that it's actually run by volunteer fellow pilots and not any "Costa" (I think what was meant was Cosa, Costa means Coast as in Ocean:erm:) who are busting their a$$es everyday to make CA all it can possibly be. What else do the naysayer's want? Why the childish non participation? Why the adherence to willful misinformation despite all evidence to the contrary?

It's never going backwards, get over it already and realize it's in your best interest now to be involved! It would be so much more effective if all pilots got off of their lazy-boys and actually helped out. Solidarity is what is needed but sadly some pilots are still displaying that they, for the most part, are "dumber than a box of rocks" by actually making life more difficult for those that are stepping up by throwing said rocks at them whenever they can.

Stop fighting a battle that has already been won! Get involved so that we can help our less than talented management save our company from themselves. Many don't want to leave for a new job or can't afford to. If everyone in that category is not doing everything they can to support their Union than they have no one to blame but themselves should the day ever come that it all begins to fall apart.

The olden days ended completely when SO got fired and BS is now playing nice in China... Time to wake up and realize it's a totally new ballgame.
In other words, this time it's actually about reality and not "philosophical differences".

You can't eat mythology!

How's that for yanking the Titanic back on course the last minute XXX??:D Better?

Almost forgot:
I.M.H.O. :D

Ohgoon, where did you get the idea for your handle? I smile every time I see it!

Ohgoon, where did you get the idea for your handle? I smile every time I see it!

Do you mean my actual screen name or my avatar?

The avatar was sent to me by one of my friends a long time ago. Not sure if he actually took that pic or someone photo shopped it for him. In any case, I thought it was funny, so I shrunk it enough to use it here.

Glad you like it.:cool:

Ok, we brought it back to CitationAir.... Well that went over like a fart in church.

Alrighty then - let's bring it back to something less controversial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PH09hgb7DQ

Gotta love Bill, he at times actually exceeds his parody alter ego, Colbert.

How maniacally disturbed is this man & why does he get paid millions a year to display his disease publicly?

By his, oops almost slipped up and misused the word logic, tortured thinking; Islam would be a philosophy while Sunni and Shia are the Religions then? Have the Imams heard this yet? Will there be a fatwa called on Bill soon by Moamar of the Hour soon?
Where is Dr. Phil when we need him?

Standing by for incoming :bomb:

Last edited:
Looks like elections for the MEC are coming up. Here is the perfect opportunity for the Union doubters/haters to step up and put their money where their mouth is! Give it a go and contribute your time and energy rather than throwing rocks anonymously while sitting semi inebriated in your hotel rooms.

I guess the claim that it's all run by the Teamsters is getting pretty thin, when there is another chance for any and all to join the party. How about it boys and girls, any takers??

If you don't, then all will know who and what you really are.

We'll see...

Last edited:
Citationair is screwed if guys like this are still there.driving the union beat.....no sense at all!!! But hey he can spell

Citationair is screwed if guys like this are still there.driving the union beat.....no sense at all!!! But hey he can spell

Well rigger,

having trouble with reality? Care to specify why CitationAir is screwed? What exactly makes no sense to you or are you just full of sh!t...

Sad reality, one of the main reason's why our profession is no longer worth much as a career choice is guys/gals with your lazy and negative attitude. Keep it up, the results of it are visible everywhere...:erm:

I have spoken with two senior pilots that voted for the union but no longer pay dues. I think the IBT at CA is dead. Wonder how many others are not paying dues.

I have spoken with two senior pilots that voted for the union but no longer pay dues. I think the IBT at CA is dead. Wonder how many others are not paying dues.

You are so thick, it makes my head hurt. The IBT is dead? Do you just get your jollies making up sh!t, or are you really this clueless? The truth is, you and I have no idea how many people are/are not paying dues. That breakdown while interesting for numerous reasons, is no measure at all of how hard the Union is working on behalf of it's membership. The Teamsters or any union for that matter have to continue to negotiate because they are required to do so by law once they win the right of representation.

You talked to a couple of pilots..., well that reveals most of why you are so misinformed right there. If you actually work at CA, then you just proved yourself to be part of the problem, if you don't, then you are just a tool of the worst kind.

Fact is, the Teamsters sponsored the vote which passed. That makes them the legal owners of the representation rights of all CitationAir pilots, whether they pay dues or not. Negotiations are ongoing and will continue regardless of how many lame brains refuse to send in their dues. The net effect the non payers will have is that it will delay the negotiation process unnecessarily. Management will think they can continue to drag their feet since the pilots will appear to them not to care about their own fates. In other words, this pre-contract/non contract, management whipsawing the pilot group because they still can, phase lasts much longer than it needs to.

Eventually there will be a contract though, but all non dues payers will not be allowed to vote on it when it does come out. Lastly, if any of these geniuses try to apply to other unionized properties, they will find themselves having a hard time (if they get hired at all) because all unions take a very dim view of free loaders. Don't forget, our industry is small and word always gets out; just ask any scabs out there how pleasant their careers have been since they made their fateful decisions to screw their fellow pilots by crossing a picket line.

Let's see, let's not pay now, so I will have to pay a lump sum later and all the while it takes even longer for things to improve where I currently hang my professional hat. At the same time I have no voice or input into what is being done by my union for me. Very sound thinking and I saved myself the cost of a cup of coffee per day to boot.

How dumb can you be?

Last edited:
You’re doing a pretty good job of perpetuating the perception that certain union supporters are not too smart and take the low road by reverting to name calling and such. This should only occur after you have been called out and the man didn’t do that.

You may not think so, but unions aren't too popular today in the US and supporters need to reinvent themselves if they expect to survive, and trying to bully people juts doesn't work.

Interesting that both unions and Republicans are in very similar positions at the same time. Both losing ground and being held back by small minded leadership.

Latest resources

Back