Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

labbats

Zulu who?
Yesterday I had an early show in Toledo. The captain and FA were outside smoking, so I cut through security through the corridor myself, and was followed by a Comair crew.

Being the polite gentleman I am, I turned and said good morning. They ignored me from 5 feet away and looked down at their bags. I blocked the exit and yelled HELLO. Then the FA looks up and says "what". I just shook my head and left. Why do you blow people off? I'm from Eagle, who did we piss off? Show some courtesy. This same scenario happens daily walking by people in the concourse, etc. It isn't a Comair thing, it's everywhere. Why?

Do me a favor, blow me off in the hotel bar. Just talk smack to my face. At least be a man about it.

I know exactly what you are talking about, my favorite are shared hotel vans. You can be polite as possible but some people just don't know what it is to congenial. Everybody really needs to lose the chip.

I know what you mean. Sometimes I suppose people get lost in their own thoughts or, being that early, the coffee hasn't hit them yet. It's still no excuse. If someone says hello, at least have the courtesy to respond.
It's everywhere though, sadly. The other day I was at strip mall and was driving out, slowly. People were walking around everywhere so I was waving them by. Very few people waved or even acknowledged that I had waited for them. Same thing in traffic. My pet peave it when you hold the door open for someone and they just walk right through.

labbats said:
Being the polite gentleman I am, I turned and said good morning. They ignored me from 5 feet away and looked down at their bags. I blocked the exit and yelled HELLO.

That doesn't sound polite at all. A gentleman doesn't demand attention. A gentleman doesn't take offense where none was given. A gentleman doesn't block someone's path and certainly doesn't yell at anyone for any reason other than to alert them to danger. Who told you that this was an appropriate way to behave?

skiddriver said:
That doesn't sound polite at all. A gentleman doesn't demand attention. A gentleman doesn't take offense where none was given. A gentleman doesn't block someone's path and certainly doesn't yell at anyone for any reason other than to alert them to danger. Who told you that this was an appropriate way to behave?

Way to lose the point of the post. I'm constantly amazed at people like yourself who can twist any valid point on this board back at the original poster. Congratulations.

They were 5 feet away, ignoring me. Obviously. That is inexcusable.

I agree! I always smile and say hello to each and every crew member I see in the airport or hotel van and it's surprising how often they will look at me like I'm crazy. I just don't get it..... It takes so little energy to just be polite, smile and say hello. If everyone did it, it would be so refreshing.

skiddriver said:

I believe his point was completly inline with this thread. You made an effort at first by trying to be friendly and corgial. If they chose not to respond to you...well that should be their problem. There are always gonna be people who are rude in this world. Get over it.

labbats said:
They ignored me from 5 feet away and looked down at their bags.

They probably grew up in New York. Don't get mad, they can't help it. They're just f*cked up that way, in that part of the country.

GoingHot said:
They probably grew up in New York. Don't get mad, they can't help it. They're just f*cked up that way, in that part of the country.

Ha Ha Ha Ain't that the truth!!!!

just go to work and do your job and don't try and make it a congeniality contest. Saying hello is nice and all, but some people are just fartwads and can't really help it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back