• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Big January Bid at SWA for AT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about one of our Captains that set the record with over 300 TFP last year. He came close last month, but with only 9 days off and the new 117 rules hit 285 TFP. That's $54,000 for the month of June, it only works if you know the game well.

That happened all the time at AirTran too. Those guys were building Fat Stacks, and I'm not talking about PCL's pancake fetish either.

That happened all the time at AirTran too. Those guys were building Fat Stacks, and I'm not talking about PCL's pancake fetish either.

Provided the coverage was good (and even if it wasn't, with creative swapping) we could drop our whole awarded line and cherry pick premium trips for the whole month as a skilled player. As a mid level captain, there were plenty of big fun bills each month. I'll have to work a lot harder on the computer while commuting to attempt to get close to that again til I reupgrade.

Provided the coverage was good (and even if it wasn't, with creative swapping) we could drop our whole awarded line and cherry pick premium trips for the whole month as a skilled player. As a mid level captain, there were plenty of big fun bills each month. I'll have to work a lot harder on the computer while commuting to attempt to get close to that again til I reupgrade.

That's cool. I'm a junior FO on this side and get a steady 120 tfp every month and have 4 of those months in the 140 tfp range (three vacation months and one training month). ALL of that is NON-premium pay. All of it. Do I work hard? Absolutely, but it will add up close to 200k and a big profit sharing check plus 401k match.

Granted you might not be able to drop your line as you stated (unless your more senior), but if you just work your line and go home, you will be rewarded for that pretty well too. If I did nothing and worked my line I'd make around 150k.

There's flexibility, you just have to know were to look. As far as commuting and re-upgrading, I hope that gets better for you. Honestly.

Granted you might not be able to drop your line as you stated (unless your more senior), but if you just work your line and go home, you will be rewarded for that pretty well too. If I did nothing and worked my line I'd make around 150k.

That's over a 70k pay cut, thought we were getting a 50 % pay raise :) I know, nobody cares.

Plainly Luv,

The junior AirTran CA's took it in the shorts the most (IMO).

The senior CA's will re-upgrade shortly. All the FO's are getting big payraises. The junior CA's will come over with almost 10 years longevity making 130 tfp or the equivalent of 150/hr. I can't remember what you were making as a Airtran CA when we bought you, so you'd have to let me know.

Next you will learn that the POT / DOT is ripe with scum bags who block their boards and bid stuff at DOT knowing dam good and well they can't legally fly the trip. Why? Just to screw over fellow pilots or if they are on RES, they bid DOT hoping someone else will bid DOT to avoid them getting assigned the trip.

Everything here is a game unless you just fly your line. Solution, if you're not legal you shouldn't be allowed to bid on open time but that for some reason is absurd.

You should be allowed to bid, but it should just show you in inverse or something so that people know your illegal. Lots of guys bid on things they're illegal for, but will get legal for if they under block. Of course with 117 it's pretty hard to tell these days.

Next you will learn that the POT / DOT is ripe with scum bags who block their boards and bid stuff at DOT knowing dam good and well they can't legally fly the trip. Why? Just to screw over fellow pilots or if they are on RES, they bid DOT hoping someone else will bid DOT to avoid them getting assigned the trip.

Everything here is a game unless you just fly your line. Solution, if you're not legal you shouldn't be allowed to bid on open time but that for some reason is absurd.

Never ever decide whether or not to bid on a trip based on what others are bidding. If you want it, bid on it. Ignore how everyone else is bidding. I can't tell you how many times I have been awarded a trip that never could have been expected by looking at all the BS bids showing. Ignore it all and you'll be fine.

Latest resources

Back