• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Big January Bid at SWA for AT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Knowledge is power. It's just stupid we can't get an accurate bid order to show in cwa. Simple programming. Folks just want to know where they stand. Bids are awarded with a program like this....why can't they just be listed as such. If I have 10 legit bids ahead of mine....screw it, ill turn off my phone and have a few drinks. Different story if only 2 are legit. Would just be nice to know for QOL. This was low hanging fruit and we were too simple minded to get it.

Never ever decide whether or not to bid on a trip based on what others are bidding. If you want it, bid on it. Ignore how everyone else is bidding. I can't tell you how many times I have been awarded a trip that never could have been expected by looking at all the BS bids showing. Ignore it all and you'll be fine.

What Howard said^^^

Back to the original thread question....what are the transition folks going to bid come January? What are they telling you on the AirTran side? Getting paid to sit and wait would be awesome. Has the company even covered how it will go down other than the convoluted memo sent out last week?

The few I know think they will go through FO training then when able go to capt training ASAP. For those who think they are all trouble makers don't buy the hype. For most they fear a walk around in the winter more than a HGS app down to mins in a blizzard. They also don't have a clue and wonder why waste time and money training them twice. Since they are senior to me I told them to wait as long as possible.

For those who think they are all trouble makers don't buy the hype. For most they fear a walk around in the winter more than a HGS app down to mins in a blizzard. They also don't have a clue and wonder why waste time and money training them twice.

I agree, I'm not worried about the professionals coming over, for Gods sake they have passed how many PC's to get to this point?

Welcome to the mushroom factory, none of us ever no what the grand plan is at any given point in time and the lights are never on.

So their training track will be newhire class, FO training, then IOE, then upgrade, then UOE? Is that what they'll do? How long at FO? Is anyone considering lance captain?

Back to the original thread question....what are the transition folks going to bid come January? What are they telling you on the AirTran side? Getting paid to sit and wait would be awesome. Has the company even covered how it will go down other than the convoluted memo sent out last week?

The one thing I've heard is there will be 30 Airplanes left at the end of the year that will be parked. How much does it cost to park 30 revenue-producing assets and pay the crews to do nothing as well? Seems like an awful waste of revenue

Never ever decide whether or not to bid on a trip based on what others are bidding. If you want it, bid on it. Ignore how everyone else is bidding. I can't tell you how many times I have been awarded a trip that never could have been expected by looking at all the BS bids showing. Ignore it all and you'll be fine.

Howard gets it.

Latest resources

Back