• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Best Plane for 10M.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm just a little airplane pilot, but I've gotten to ride in the blue and white G-IIIs at Andrews AFB. From a passenger's standpoint the Gulfstreams are great! They're roomy, quiet and fast.

_SkyGirl_

Sure, Gramps, anything you say.

There's a very nice corporate DC-3 based near me also. That thing can carry 12 passengers pretty comfortably, don't know about Hawaii though. Of course, he could put in sleeper bunks since the crossing would take about 12 hours if it can do it.

I'd bet that DC-3 will be flying when your 28 year old Sabre 65 is pop cans!

There are plenty of parts, just owned by 2 companies in St louis and they keep the prices fairly high.

I'll bet you $100 our 28 year old Sabre-65 will still be flying long after most of those new CJ's and lear 40 models are scrap metal.

I would bet you it's the best plane and the MOST plane for the buck.

Now, now, let's be kind about the old Sabre 65. It was a really great airplane for its day and to tell the truth can do a good job today.

However, now they are getting old and break a lot, kind of like me. :p

Now back to the thread. If the cabin of the Falcon 50 is too mall for your needs I guess you are stuck with a 601. The problem with the G-III is that is a stage 2 aircraft. That could cause you some problems in just a couple of years, not to mention drastically affecting the resale price lower when you sell the G-III.

Good luck on your quest.

There are plenty of parts, just owned by 2 companies in St louis and they keep the prices fairly high.

I'll bet you $100 our 28 year old Sabre-65 will still be flying long after most of those new CJ's and lear 40 models are scrap metal.

I would bet you it's the best plane and the MOST plane for the buck.
Wasn't Hawaii in the equation somewhere? I didn't know the Sabre would do Hawaii.

I heard somewhere that a DC-3 would do nearly 23 hours topped off. Hmmm...

LS

Wasn't Hawaii in the equation somewhere? I didn't know the Sabre would do Hawaii.

I heard somewhere that a DC-3 would do nearly 23 hours topped off. Hmmm...

LS

I flew the 65 at one time and no way would I attempt it, but it was a great airplane.

Falcon 50. Or GIII.
Sabre? No, thank you.
No, really NO!

...If the cabin of the Falcon 50 is too mall for your needs I guess you are stuck with a 601. The problem with the G-III is that is a stage 2 aircraft. That could cause you some problems in just a couple of years, not to mention drastically affecting the resale price lower when you sell the G-III.

There's a couple of Stage III kits available for the G1159. Here's one.

http://www.stageiii.com/

GV

There's a couple of Stage III kits available for the G1159. Here's one.

http://www.stageiii.com/

GV

I should know this, but, can one operate a hushed kitted G-III in Europe? I have not seen any over there, however, I do realize that the hushed G-II/III is not that common as yet, so that could be the reason.

Latest resources

Back