The best beer!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
transienttorque said:
Third, Any other German beer except Parkbräu. It's foul.

I see you've never had Gottinger Edelpils, otherwise know as Gottinger Ekelpiss.
Ah, the memories.

OK, so there's this Irishman . . .

who moves to Boston. Of course, the first order of business is to find a good pub to frequent.
He sits down at the bar and orders 6 pints of Guiness to be served all at once. Paddy takes his time and drinks all 6 pints, thanks the bartender and and leaves. Paddy likes the place so he becomes a regular and every night orders the same 6 pints of Guiness, served all at once.
Finally one night, his curiosity overcoming him, the bartender asks, "Paddy, why do you always order 6 pints of Guiness, served up at the same time?"
"Well, you see," replies the misty-eyed Irishman, "me brother is still on the old sod and we miss each other very much. So every time we each drink a pint, we drink one in memory of the other. So 3 for me, and 3 for me brother in Ireland."
The bartender, now enlightened comes to like Paddy quite a lot. So one night Paddy comes in and orders only 3 pints of Guiness, to which the bartender says "oh Paddy, I'm very sorry about your brother!"
Paddy replies: "No, me brother's fine. It's me, you see, I've quit drinking."

prodigal said:
transienttorque said:
Third, Any other German beer except Parkbräu. It's foul.

I see you've never had Gottinger Edelpils, otherwise know as Gottinger Ekelpiss.
Ah, the memories.

The AAFES bowling alley on Coleman always had Parkbräu, but the snackbar had Stuttgarter Hofbräu. The local beer was Eichbaum. Go figure.

Army Private in Germany Bier Math: Dumpsterdive around post until you have 4 cases of empties, exchange for one full case with no cash required.

in no particular order:

pilsner urquell (best in country of course and great at the
brewery in plzen)

velvet (also from czech)
budvar (czech too)
augustiner edelstoff (yummy treat from munich)
guinness
redhook ESB, blackhook, and i think they made a double black stout at one time but i always had a hard time finding it and i'm not sure of the name but it was also tasty.

stuff that hugh jorgan brews once he starts putting hops in it. hahaha

*run and take cover*

Mmmmmmm. Stella Artois!!
(insert Homer Simpson drooling sound here"

It's actually "Negra Modelo", which doesn't seem to follow the rules of Spanish, but that's the name. I like Modelo Especial, too. Anyone remember Corona Barril (I think that was the spelling). It was in a stubby brown bottle that was really difficult to break (not that I ever tried).
I still like Sierra Nevada, especially if you can get it in a bar in Chico (where the scenery is excellent). Also, good ole Rye Hook was good, and Winterhook. For German beer, I like St. Georgen Brau Keller Bier. I guess Keller Bier is a Bavarian specialty, but it is good. One you either love or hate is the Rauch Bier from Bamberg (Smoke beer). They smoke the hops, and it tastes like bacon.

Skank said:
It's actually "Negra Modelo", which doesn't seem to follow the rules of Spanish, but that's the name.
I was thinking that they changed the adjective so they could market it in the US without a backlash. You know how the old product translation urban legends go. Chevy Nova is a classic example.

After putting some more thought into it, Modelo is the name of the brewer, but Negra is an adjective for the product--la cerveza. Therefore negra is proper.

I have to admit, I never thought this much about it when I had one in my hand.

no Dead Guy??

Whaaat???? No votes for Rogue's Dead Guy Ale? Cool name and a helluva good beer! Anything by Rogue is good stuff.

I'll second the vote for Redhook's Double Black stout... old bottles had the label "Brewed with Starbucks coffee"... yummy stuff. When ya can't find the Double Black their Blackhook Porter is a great brew.

I tried Arrogant Bastard Ale, and the label on the bottle was right. I didn't like it, waaay too hoppy for me.

Latest resources

Back