• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The best beer!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Someone mentioned the beers of the world tour at Disney's Epcot Center...that night last year is how I'm married today...

I should have known someone would bar-b-que a flying pig. They used to be a protected species, like a unicorn. I have one of those stuffed in my living room.:rolleyes:

And after careful thought, I must add Summit Pale Ale from St. Paul, MN. I haven't had one in awhile................now I'm drooling like Homer!!

Great thread...My top 10...
1. Guinness...there's a pub down the street from me (owned by 2 Dubliners) that actually gets theirs from Ireland as opposed to Canada. After going to Dublin and the brewery 3 years ago the difference is very noticeable.
2. Old Speckled Hen...English Ale
3. Pilsner Urquel...Best Pilsner around
4. Yuengling Lager...makes Iron City taste like piss
5. Boddingtons
6. Brother Adam's Bragget Honey Ale (Bar Harbor, Me.)
7. Grolsch Amber
8. Orval Trapiste (Belgium...$7 a bottle :( )
9. Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome Ale
10. Michelob Light (can't go wrong on a hot SC summer day)

Cheers

46 Driver:

It was a tie between Krusovice and Budvar for 2nd behind Pilsner Urquell. Staropramen was piss. Have to agree about the girls, gorgeous.

Typhoonpilot

46Driver said:
Good Grief Paladin, you're from Furman - doesn't everybody there drink Zima? :) Go Gamecocks!

For once in my life I am rendered speechless;) ...well maybe not.

A very small and select group of us Furmanites achieved enlightenment one day when we realized that by remaining slightly inebriated we created the false sense that our time at the Furman Insane Asylum was somehow shortened...not to mention the fact that it made the Bob Jones girls down the road actually look half-way attractive. In the end, though, we realized that this state of intoxication was just like women; the cause of, and solution too, all of life's problems.

Cheers

Palidin mentioned Grolsch, I think that was the first time mentioned. Grolsch is pretty good...so good in fact, when I leave it in my Miller Lite drinking friend's fridge...it's always there when I come back to visit.

Grolsch is best drinken in the fall, while wearing Dutch BDU slacks, TEVA's, ray bans and your best skydiver sweatshirt, while downing a freash burger and fries on the deck of a tavern next to a marina on the lake.

Harps and ST. Palsy Girl can be had while wearing anything/anywhere, so long as the pint glass is frosted.

#1 Konig Pilsner, but the stuff brewed for domestic German consumption, not the import stuff you get here.

Widely available, Pilsner Urquell, Harp, Corona the usual suspects.

floatflyer99 said:
The best beer...

Ales are always preferable to lagers.
Skol!

My good man, I am compelled to disagree. Nothing like the crisp sharp taste of good seven-minute German pilsner or lager(served there of course-German imports are brewed slightly different than those for their domestic consumption).
Prosit!

Latest resources

Back