The best beer!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oregon Brewer's Festival

Just returned from the Oregon Brewer's festival.

Way, way, way, too many awesome beers to even begin to mention. Talk about being in craft brew heaven....

floatflyer99 said:
Gotta agree with sydeseet, Leinenkugel's ROCKS! I'd forgotten about that one. Nothing like kickin' back in the shadow of the Miller's plant in MKE with a Leiny's :cool: Kinda feels like the state of Wisconsin is engaged in a conspiracy to flood the rest of the nation with inferior beer while keeping all the good stuff for themselves.;)

Leinekugel was better before it was bought by Miller. It's still
good, but used to be better. Same with Point Special from
Stevens Point, Wis. Back when Shibilski owned the brewery,
it was better. Ask the old timers from Central Wisconsin about
drinking it back in the 40's and 50's.

MW

STEINLAGER from New Zealand without a doubt HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY! :p

Wow, you learn all kinds of things. I'd have bet any amount of money that the word "piss" would have been censored. Of course, that'd mean we couldn't discuss beer and any board that won't let you do that just ain't really worth visiting, is it?

From my trips to Germany I must say that any beer brewed over there is better than any beer we can buy in the store here. By the way, I don't care what the label says, if you can get it in the states it ain't real German beer.

I've not yet been to Ireland to try "real" Guinness but I'm not surprised that it's superior to what's imported here. Next time you're in Canada try a Budweiser, or any other American beer. They brew them up there and do a much better job.

My favorite American beer? Pabst Blue Ribbon, of course!!

An English brew by the neat sounding name of "John Courage". Dark amber in color, medium head, and oh so good on draught on a hot summer afternoon in a chilled 16 oz glass.

How about the quote by Mr. Eric Idle, that went: "American beer is a lot like making love in a row boat~It's Da mned close to water" or another quote by the famous American, none other than Homer Simpson: "TO ALCOHOL! THE CAUSE OF - AND THE SOLUTION TO - ALL OF LIFES PROBLEMS"

take a good beer swish it around the glass...then pour into sink on ground ect... Insert ice into glass ..cover ice with a good single malt..Scotch that is...AHHH enjoy...

Last edited:
Chillflylow

Only one improvement to your reciepe with the single malt.
Skip the friggin' ice...... it just water's down the nectar of the gods. Single malt---neat. The only way to go!

Happy to see so many votes for the Republic of Texas' homebrew - Shiner Bock.

Surprised I didn't see any mention of Karl Strauss' Amber Lager from the Columbia Street Brewery, the original micro-brewery in downtown San Diego. Great stuff.

IMHO, Guiness is only half a beer. Gotta have the Bass on bottom for a true black & tan.

And if there's any old WESTPACers out there, nothing beats that first ice-cold San Magooders...hand delivered, of course...

Latest resources

Back