• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The bell tolls for AA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
till the time US carriers get their act together and realize that this is a service business - problems will continue to plague the legacy carriers.

High costs can be covered as long as you can charge for it. But who in their right mind would want to pay a premium for the "customer experience" that is offered by the legacies.

Hmmmm. Delta made billions in the last two years, primarily due to fees like bag fees. Seems like most planes are still full. They also had fuel surcharges and fare hikes that even Southwest followed because they aren't as well hedged as in the past. There is no doubt service is important, but what is more important is covering the total cost of a ticket plus a bit more to make a profit. This aint Amtrak. BTW, service has gotten better due to more enhanced business class products, like Direct TV in the seats, lie flat seats, better food for First or Business Class seats, etc. I even think Southwest increased their food choices to Cheezits. Awesome!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Yeah, that was really fun. Yeah, we just voted to GIVE it to them for fun, for no real reason..... You are an idiot. The CEO came to us and stated "Do it once, do it right." We learned that was not really true, and I gave a little advice here. Here is some advice for you, "Enjoy West Texas and treat the Air Tran pilots better if you want to save your so called culture."

Bye Bye---General Lee

So you guys were just suckers then?

Doesn't matter if the planes are full... I can lose half my customers and still operate full planes. The concern would be have ASMs increased or decreased.

So you guys were just suckers then?

Great cocky response! I really hope you are NEVER faced with the same option. We definitely learned something, and I hope others have too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Doesn't matter if the planes are full... I can lose half my customers and still operate full planes. The concern would be have ASMs increased or decreased.

Increased big time. RASM was up 11%.

Bye Bye---General Lee

IMO AA pilots need to hang tough and not give in. If CH11 is being threatened, then let it roll, because the BOD has already decided to go there. That is something that is planned long before it happens. It is never a knee jerk reaction.

AA management will try to squeeze the pilots with the threat of CH11 and then if the pilots agree to a concession, AA management will continue into the planned CH11 for more concession$.

Management wants to remove the pension, that's what its all about anyway.

AA management will try to squeeze the pilots with the threat of CH11 and then if the pilots agree to a concession, AA management will continue into the planned CH11 for more concession$.

Management wants to remove the pension, that's what its all about anyway.

You got that right.

They can have it...but it will cost them!

Even in bankrupcty, any deal is better than the current.

I'm on the sidelines, so no dog in the fight, but I would actually like to come back to some semblance of a pay raise.

Arpey will be gone with a BK filing as will much of the current management. Stay strong!

Latest resources

Back