The bell tolls for AA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
+1. I'm sure someone will get bonuses even with a BK

The BK lawyers get a payday, and some executives supposedly got a bonus for "a successful emergence from BK." The CEO that cut our pay supposedly got $10 million, and I also heard he gave every penny to the Employee Emergency fund. (He was very rich on his own anyway) That is rumor that I had heard a few times.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Sorry to see these guys go through this, BUT.... it's not like C11 is the death penalty. They will end up with jobs at a newly restructured airline. I don't think their pay will be any worse than now as they have already taken the hit. They will lose some work rules.
The scary part is how management will try to rape their retirement, so I guess we will see if the supposed new rules in effect as a result of the UAL/CO/ DAL abuses change anything. I'm guessing they will get what's left of their A plan and get a new b plan with about an 8% contibution.

Good luck to the AA guys, most every legacy airline pilot in the country has been through what you are going through, it sucks but you'll be fine. If it's any consolation, with a little luck you'll get a new management team and a lot of growth when you come out of this.

They are also open to attacks from other airlines (like USAir), and that can tear apart an airline. Parker and company tried it during the DL BK, but too many of their bases were too close to ours, and local poloticians didn't want huge bases to go away in their districts. Is that the same with AA and US? DFW, ORD, LAX(PHX), JFK (PHL), DCA, MIA, CLT???? It doesn't look like a lot of overlap to me, except JFK/PHL and LAX/PHX. DCA is a smaller base that doesn't really do transcons or INTL excpet Bermuda and Nassau.

Bye Bye---General Lee

They will reorganize in BK.

It will be a game changer reorganizing. They will have to make it so. They have lost so much marketshare that it will be radical compared to recent filings. I suspect they will ask the judge for the moon and the stars behind it.

You don't go for a paycut prior to BK, and then get another one in BK. That's what happened to us. We heard "Do it once, do it right" from the CEO, and he took 30%. Then in BK, they took another 17%. No, the better route is to do it ONCE. Now if the company is fractured or bought up by USAir, that may not be a good option either....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Didn't yall vote to "give" the first 30%? I am not exactly sure they "took" it.

They will reorganize in BK.

It will be a game changer reorganizing. They will have to make it so. They have lost so much marketshare that it will be radical compared to recent filings. I suspect they will ask the judge for the moon and the stars behind it.

Agreed. The worst nightmare of UAL/DAL/LUV/etc is to see a lean and mean AMR post-BK.

We're taking all the 717 jobs too, all will be flown by SWAPA. Too bad not all planes in delta colors aren't flown by delta pilots. Godspeed dooshbag.

Didn't yall vote to "give" the first 30%? I am not exactly sure they "took" it.

Yeah, that was really fun. Yeah, we just voted to GIVE it to them for fun, for no real reason..... You are an idiot. The CEO came to us and stated "Do it once, do it right." We learned that was not really true, and I gave a little advice here. Here is some advice for you, "Enjoy West Texas and treat the Air Tran pilots better if you want to save your so called culture."

Bye Bye---General Lee

till the time US carriers get their act together and realize that this is a service business - problems will continue to plague the legacy carriers.

High costs can be covered as long as you can charge for it. But who in their right mind would want to pay a premium for the "customer experience" that is offered by the legacies.

Latest resources

Back