• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The ASA Dulles Deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Note for anyone moving to IAD or ORD: Don't buy a house.

Nuff said.

I wouldn't buy my dream house,but in this market there may be great opportunities for investment...

I wouldn't buy my dream house,but in this market there may be great opportunities for investment...

Yes, if you want to be a landlord and can afford to sit on it for the nine years it will take for the housing market to recover. Most housing declines take seven years. Experts are saying nine for this one.

Let's hope the A-Tech types are really serious about making this work, which means many things: Adequate maintenance support including spare aircraft, workable schedules, commutable schedules, adequate crew facilities, proper domicile crew staffing...etc.

Let's hope the A-Tech types are really serious about making this work, which means many things: Adequate maintenance support including spare aircraft, workable schedules, commutable schedules, adequate crew facilities, proper domicile crew staffing...etc.

Management is banking on this deal. It will definitely be staffed. Commutablility is all depending on where these guys are commuting from. Florida commutes aren't going to be easy since UAL has reduced it's Florida capacity, they've completely pulled out of FLL and PBI.

IAD is a disaster though when it comes to some of these gate agents and rampers. Had several Mesa jumpseaters tell me that ATL runs like clockwork compared to IAD. Can't wait to see how it goes, hope for the best....

Probably have at least one spare up there. Improve Dulles at the expense of ATL. Hope to hell this works.

Agreed.

(I am absolutely certain I would not want SH's job. Talk to a bunch of whiney pilots, repeatedly compliment Uncle Rico's golf game. Repeat. Nah, not for me.)

I get that it is the nature of the industry right now, but it is not comforting that a lot of our future depends on the efforts of people that aren't paid by ASA, or SKYW Inc..... Rampers in the hood (ATL), rampers in IAD, SKYW maintenance types possibly in ORD....

So here's the big question... Will any of this get our furloughees back on property or our displacements back in the left seat? I've heard no, because this flying is only replacing the 20 we're due to lose from Delta in the Spring. Anyone here anything from SH on this? Any thoughts?

So here's the big question... Will any of this get our furloughees back on property or our displacements back in the left seat? I've heard no, because this flying is only replacing the 20 we're due to lose from Delta in the Spring. Anyone here anything from SH on this? Any thoughts?

So far no furloughs coming back. Oh yeah, SH said that INC was ready to spend money to make all this work. Inc seems to be under the impression that if they make this work, they stand to become the super regional carrier. He didn't come out and say it, but he hinted that Inc may even loan UAL some big bucks if that's what it takes to make it work.

Latest resources

Back