• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The American crawl is back....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After discussing this w a buddy who is on pro stands, we both agree that it's fubis god given right to be a jerk online.

I guess you should know something about how the Union world works before you make threats, because obviously you didn't agree when you made them. And I'm also sure the guys who read your PMs now realize who the lying crybaby is. The crickets are deafening.

You might want to invest another $10 and get a new screen name to reestablish any little credibility you have.

I don't mind following them, $$$. :)

+1!

I guess you should know something about how the Union world works before you make threats, because obviously you didn't agree when you made them. And I'm also sure the guys who read your PMs now realize who the lying crybaby is. The crickets are deafening.

You might want to invest another $10 and get a new screen name to reestablish any little credibility you have.

+1!

You're right, Fubes, I can't possibly respond to your well thought and well written post. Since I'm in the bottom 10% of seniority, I'll just keep my mouth shut and bow to your wisdom. I'm very proud that you represent, as you state, the opinion of 90% of AK pilots. I guess I havnt had the pleasure of flying with any of them.

Happy holidays, Fubi

Mookie

The irony of this thread is incredible. SWA pilots lecturing others on TAXIING????? And professionalism??? Are you kidding me?

JUST TODAY, my LATEST experience with these clowns:

We taxi out in PBI, about 3 minutes before SWA calls for taxi. We taxi out at a fairly brisk pace (18-20K), my last leg of the day. SWA, doing easily 45K on the outer trying to pass us, unfortunately we got to end of the runway first. The SWA guy was so out of control I stopped short because I didn't think he could stop. His FO screaming on the radio they're "ready to go", they cut right in front of us (again, luckily I stopped), and they're cleared for TO. We took off less than 1 minute behind them, and followed them north, where we were treated to a Lufthansa responding to an RA they generated climbing to FL230.

Professional? Safe? Yeah, right. If you work for SWA, just STFU about professionalism, at least until there is a massive change in the safety culture there.

We've got our bad apples like anyone else.....

I don't condone or operate like that, and never have, so I will continue to "lecture" about lack of professionalism and courtesy.

Don't feel bad, some of our guys do it to us too, but we certainly don't hold the monopoly on unprofessional behavior (the fact that this thread exists is but one indicator). Heck, a DAL guy got me in MCO a few weeks ago. It was one of those "photo finish" type of situations where ground cleared us both to taxi without telling us who had priority. As soon as he figured that out, he went from barely moving (I was almost dead stopped) to V1, until he got in front of us, then slowed to a crAAwl all the way to 18L. Really? Why?

Disregarding the color and logo on the airplane, who would you prefer to be behind? A guy doing V1 who won't have any impact on your schedule, or the guy going half the speed of smell, that will cause you to be late?

The crAAwl is akin to the moron driving in the left lane without passing.

All it does is give said moron a false sense of superiority, and gum up the works for everyone else.

The irony of this thread is incredible. SWA pilots lecturing others on TAXIING????? And professionalism??? Are you kidding me?

We taxi out in PBI, about 3 minutes before SWA calls for taxi. We taxi out at a fairly brisk pace (18-20K), my last leg of the day. SWA, doing easily 45K on the outer trying to pass us, unfortunately we got to end of the runway first. The SWA guy was so out of control I stopped short because I didn't think he could stop. His FO screaming on the radio they're "ready to go", they cut right in front of us (again, luckily I stopped), and they're cleared for TO. We took off less than 1 minute behind them, and followed them north, where we were treated to a Lufthansa responding to an RA they generated climbing to FL230.

Professional? Safe? Yeah, right. If you work for SWA, just STFU about professionalism, at least until there is a massive change in the safety culture there.

Yeah... absolutely no exaggeration there. I'm sure it happened exactly like that. On the other hand, two days ago I was taxiing out when a Delta guy cut me off. I was gonna' race him to the end, but then he rolled down his window and pointed a gun at me. It was a Glock, and he was holding it sideways, so I knew it was for a kill shot. Although our FOM says I'm supposed to go anyway in such cases (guns smaller than .50 cal), I relented and let him by. Now I'll probably have to go see the Chief for being a pusssy.

Bubba

Yeah... absolutely no exaggeration there. I'm sure it happened exactly like that. On the other hand, two days ago I was taxiing out when a Delta guy cut me off. I was gonna' race him to the end, but then he rolled down his window and pointed a gun at me. It was a Glock, and he was holding it sideways, so I knew it was for a kill shot. Although our FOM says I'm supposed to go anyway in such cases (guns smaller than .50 cal), I relented and let him by. Now I'll probably have to go see the Chief for being a pusssy.

Bubba

Hahahaha, I had the same thoughts!! :beer: He needed to embellish the story a bit to keep it exciting, just like they do on all of these "reality" tv shows on.

Sure.....:rolleyes: Great story btw. Hopefully you'll post part 2 on their approach and landing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back