• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The American crawl is back....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think you get it... Name one person on the entire planet that appreciates a back seat driver, and then I'll show you a captain that gives a hoot what others think about his taxi speed. :D

Trust me, Turtle I DO get it.

There's a world of difference between being a backseat driver (nitpicking and critiquing the quality of someone's driving) and asking for consideration when someone's doing something intentionally for personal reasons. We're not giving anyone crap for not staying on the taxi center line, or taking wide turns, or whatever--we're asking if they can find other ways to make their political statement without interferring with other airlines' guys. If you can't see the difference there, then it is clearly YOU that does not get it.

Ever miss a commute flight home by just minutes Turtle? Probably; we all have in this industry. That's just the way it works sometimes. How about if you missed it solely because the guy taxiing out in front of you intentionally took 30 minutes instead of the 8-10 it should reasonably have taken. Well, I guess he's made his point then, right?

Bubba

P.S. By the way, you don't have to show me a captain that doesn't "give a hoot what others think about his taxi speed"--Fubi's here on the forum all the time. :)

Last edited:
I don't think you get it... Name one person on the entire planet that appreciates a back seat driver, and then I'll show you a captain that gives a hoot what others think about his taxi speed. :D

Here is why you are wrong. Have you ever been on an interstate following two semi trucks driving side by side at less than 50 mph, not letting anyone pass them? I have, several times, and it's maddening--road-rage-inducing almost.

I don't know why the trucks decided to drive slow. Perhaps they were trying to make some industrial statement of some sort to their management. That's fine--IF they stayed in the right lane and allowed others that did NOT share their "motivation" to move on. The problem was when all the traffic had to follow along because they were so damn selfish that everyone else had to be subject to their whims.

That's the difference between asking ground for permission to pull off to the side versus slowly trudging along the only active taxiway at 5 mph, expecting all the other pilots and airlines out their to meekly go along.

Your posts are a symptom of the problem over there.

And you work for who? It would legitimize your case if you would post who you fly for. I would try my best to get out ahead of a Cessna too, if that's what you fly. Anyone who is too embarrassed to post the name of the Company they work for is not worthy of forum space here. Loser.

Here is why you are wrong. Have you ever been on an interstate following two semi trucks driving side by side at less than 50 mph, not letting anyone pass them? I have, several times, and it's maddening--road-rage-inducing almost.

I don't know why the trucks decided to drive slow. Perhaps they were trying to make some industrial statement of some sort to their management. That's fine--IF they stayed in the right lane and allowed others that did NOT share their "motivation" to move on. The problem was when all the traffic had to follow along because they were so damn selfish that everyone else had to be subject to their whims.

That's the difference between asking ground for permission to pull off to the side versus slowly trudging along the only active taxiway at 5 mph, expecting all the other pilots and airlines out their to meekly go along.

Matter of fact I saw it on the interstate just a couple of weeks ago. A bright shiny red car was weaving in and out of traffic and passing folks like a maniac. A truck pulled over into the left lane and blocked the little red car and was probably having a fun conversation on the CB with his other truck driver buddy. For what seemed like 20 minutes, the two trucks motored along at 5 over the speed limit and cars stacked up like cord wood behind them. Folks were flashing their lights, honking their horns, and giving everyone in sight the bird. Finally after they all calmed down the trucks changed their speed and let folks pass.

It was a hoot and I am sure neither truck driver could have cared less what anyone was saying about their driving.

Enjoy the ride. Why waste your time bitching to people that don't hear you. :D

Trust me, Turtle I DO get it.

There's a world of difference between being a backseat driver (nitpicking and critiquing the quality of someone's driving) and asking for consideration when someone's doing something intentionally for personal reasons. We're not giving anyone crap for not staying on the taxi center line, or taking wide turns, or whatever--we're asking if they can find other ways to make their political statement without interferring with other airlines' guys. If you can't see the difference there, then it is clearly YOU that does not get it.

Ever miss a commute flight home by just minutes Turtle? Probably; we all have in this industry. That's just the way it works sometimes. How about if you missed it solely because the guy taxiing out in front of you intentionally took 30 minutes instead of the 8-10 it should reasonably have taken. Well, I guess he's made his point then, right?

Bubba

P.S. By the way, you don't have to show me a captain that doesn't "give a hoot what others think about his taxi speed"--Fubi's here on the forum all the time. :)

Ah yes, the finer points of when someone gives a damn about what you think of their driving. I have never met someone who wasn't a good driver.:D

It is like arguing about whether a woman should leave the toilet seat up or whether a guy should leave the toilet seat down. Neither side really cares so why fight about what ain't gonna change.

If someone doesn't hit me when they are taxiing then they done good.:beer:

It is like arguing about whether a woman should leave the toilet seat up or whether a guy should leave the toilet seat down. Neither side really cares so why fight about what ain't gonna change.

:beer:
Neither. Put the freakin seat AND the lid down so you don't have to look in the $#!t/piss receptacle when you're not using it. It takes minimal effort. :nuts:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back