The Amazing Kreskin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WGFP48 said:
A formula has been devised by the E Board and IBT for strike pay. How livable is life on strike pay? Well, for many it would provide a pay raise over what they make now by working. The time limit is unlimited for strike pay as well

Well lets do a little hypothetical math here and see??
A liveable wage thats more than they make now...lets just assume $3000 per month and with 2000 pilots thats $6 Mil per month...the union is not in a position to pay this kind of money to keep the pilots "walking the line" . You need to be telling the membership how much money they will be getting...so they can make the "right decision" of whether they will cross or walk.....it took ALPA 6 months at Eastern to realize that they did the wrong thing and tell its members to go back to work...no way the IBT can last 6 weeks on strike....LET IT HAPPEN!!! Break this union now.

We all know what it will take if a strike occurs. Do we want to strike? Nope. BUT WE WILL IF THAT IS WHAT IT WILL TAKE. I for one can last forever. I have prepared for the worst, as has everyone I've spoken with regarding this situation. We don't take this lightly.

NJI soon to be NJA....welcome.

steel said:
We all know what it will take if a strike occurs. Do we want to strike? Nope. BUT WE WILL IF THAT IS WHAT IT WILL TAKE. I for one can last forever. I have prepared for the worst, as has everyone I've spoken with regarding this situation. We don't take this lightly.

NJI soon to be NJA....welcome.

It's sad to see someone this disillusioned with stereotypical union banter.

The Cindy Sheehans of the IBT... Pathetic. :rolleyes:

gordon24 said:
Yep, big ol' balls on you! Strike, Strike, STFD. Same stuff on the union board. I wish you fukers all the best, after you put all 2100 of us out of work. Dumb azz.

I really do feel for you, to be caught up in the irrational BS that could put you out on the street sucks.

You deserve a raise, but in no way is STFD good for you, the union, or the industry. I would still like to hear where all 2100+ pilots think they are going to go when STFD becomes a reality... I don't know of many Part 91 flight departments that will welcome these guys in with open arms after you just "STFD"... If someone could explain that to me please ???

h25b said:
I would still like to hear where all 2100+ pilots think they are going to go when STFD becomes a reality... I don't know of many Part 91 flight departments that will welcome these guys in with open arms after you just "STFD"... If someone could explain that to me please ???

Exactly. That is the same ol' poop these morons post on the union board. Things like:

"Maybe the owners will buy their own airplane and hire us." Yea, sure, that'll happen.

"We'll go to Citation Shares." All 2100 of us?

"I've got a part 91 gig lined up." Really, and I guess they're just holding the job for you in case we STFD?

If we do STFD and lose our jobs, I will personally hunt down each of these frigging morons and smack them right in the mouth.

GUYS!

We are not on strike! We don't have a release to go on strike. The union has sent out a notice to say that negotiations are back on!

Settle down, it's gonna be alright!

Let's see some middle road here...nobody is going to hunt down anyone...we're all going to learn to respect each other again and get this place back together piece by piece.

Starting with our relations with each other and ending with refinements in customer service and even training. All of this will be aided by new aircraft deliveries and more new-hires and a more systematic way of approaching daily problems.

Let's put the angst on hold.

Are you happy with the latest offer? You know there is no raise in it for Bypassed pilots. You simply get to stay where you are now.

There is six figures in it for me. I'd be happy for myself and Hawkered and a few other folks, but I want to help the majority.

Maybe even a rich guy like h2 would trade checks with me....

Last edited:
If you think your are not able to be replaced then your arrogant, and at netjets we have replaced common sense with pure ARROGANCE!

I have no problems with the union seeking a forensic audit of the company books, however if they had true concern for my family and my friends at netjets don't you think they would do a forensic audit of whats available in the real world of aviation before they take the STFD attitude???

I would like to see a comparsion chart between what the company if offering and whats available to me if we shut this place down. As a dues paying member I need a garantee from the union that if I adopt the STFD (shut the f%$ker down) attitude, which they seem to be promoting, I'll be able to click my heels and find a job much better or at least the same as netjets. Do you suppose they can produce such a list of jobs since they have such a concern for my welfare here?? They surely would, wouldn't they?? The fact of the matter is, its their egos which will cause me and my friends to end up jumpseating half way across the country for less money and benefits.

I'll see you boys in the jumpseat line!!

Looks like THEY had no choice but to back to the table and try to finish this up. After all THEY just announced that NetJets Scottland is up and running.

Just another bottom less pit to throw money into that THEY don't have.

I can't wait to hear about all the other new operations opening up after we settle this.

If a company can afford major expansion and doesn't care about trimming waste then it can pay the going rate for its pilots.

Until that time-GAME'S STILL ON!

I have forseen the future. First all of you netjets guys who have been waiting for resolution on a contract, the wait will continue for five years.

Meanwhile, the eclipse 500 hits the market. An aviation visionary buys 200 of them to start his air taxi network. A new lowering of the bar for all jet pilots. To staff these airplanes he needs pilots.....cheap pilots. Starting pay is going to be 18k a year. Captain pay tops out at 50k in year 15. Two year training contract. Benefits after one year of service. Right seat to be filled with young 200 hr pilots paying to be in the right seat. 200 hr. blocks to be purchased for only $9995. What a foot up in the aviation indusrty! The right seat deal promises an interview with "Eclipse One" the name of the new outfit, after you complete the 200 hr. right seat block, and reach 1000 hrs. of total time. The right seat program is a resounding success, long lines of rich kids just waiting for the opportunity to fly jets! SJS lives!

This new visionary sees an opportunity to bend over some green pilots and boy does he! All new hire captains will be on the "flex schedule". You get a guaranteed 8 days off a month! You can request days off but you won't likely get them. You don't need them anyway cause you're a team player. Suck it up for the company. The kool-Aid is out and the glasses are empty. In another ground breaking cost cutting vision, the CEO forsees that airlining to and from airplanes will be cost prohibitive. He strikes a deal with the CEO of JB Hunt and a couple other trucking companies. Jumpseating with OTR truckers will save this company A LOT of money, and the CEO's of the trucking companies get free rides on Eclipse One whenever they want. The new jumpseating arrangement is a resounding success. The stock flourishes, shareholders are happy.

The company flourishes so rapidly that more pilots are neded NOW! We can't have empty planes on the ramp. We need to fly them.

In an effort to find quality pilots Eclipse One turns to ERAU for some fresh meat; really fresh meat. ERAU has a lot of pull in the aviaton industry and a lot of eager pilots. ERAU comes out with a groundbreaking Eclipse 500 transition course. For only $9995 you get some CRM and E-500 sim time. This gives YOU the EDGE in the aviation market. There is a shortage of well trained pilots you know. The SJS'ers sign up in droves, the pipeline is flowing. A resounding success ERAU decides to make it part of the CAPT program. This makes the high quality E-500 training available to all pilots(with deep pockets).
In an effort to make ERAU grads employable at Eclipse One, ERAU petitions the FAA for an ATP blanket age and hours waiver for ERAU grads. It rationalizes that ERAU produces a superior product and shouldn't be held to the same exacting standards as regular pilots. The FAA in an effort to "promote" aviation agrees and now Eclipse One can man the left seat with 500 hr. top guns.

The program flourishes for awhile but eventually the air-taxi concept proves unworkable. Management miscalculated the demand for this product.

Then the twist. Warren Buffet sees a diamond in the rough. The network is there, the costs are containable, I'm gonna buy this sucker he thinks. He has a new vision for fractional ownership. "NetJets lite" Before anybody knows it he owns Eclipse One in a hostile takeover. Now people can buy a fraction at a fraction of the cost. His new NetJets lite attracts new short range customers- and he creates the first Hub and Spoke Fractional. Now NJA pilots are "Mainline" pilots. Quite a new title for these guys, and they should be proud. Still ,they think "show me the money", pay me what i'm worth. They still don't have a contract. Warren promises more money eith the mainline title, but that carrot keeps moving. All of the gateways are now "hubs". This will really cut down on those deadhead legs Warren thinks.

The regional jet of Fractional flying has arrived. The year is 2010.

Eclipse One pilots are elated. With the new flow through program, they get to fly those shiney citation X's and Falcon 2000's. They have arrived. Those NJA big bucks look pretty good from where they are sitting.

NJA pilots are furious, the contract still isn't done and that SOB WB just threw a wrench into all they have been working for. Back to the negotiating table. We can't have this group of bottom dwellers in our scope clause. This industry is a mess. Now the contract is slated for completion in the year 2015.

I hope that was all sarcasm cezzna, cuz I am still laughing!

Can we add on to this big fiction story......

AP Story: A well known athlete was killed today when his Eclipse aircraft had a major in-flight malfunction and was unable to be kept under control by its well trained and recent ERAU program grduate. BH is expected to be the victim of countless lawsuits, thus STFD.....

(Can you say 'too slow at 410')

Anyone else want to play?

Latest resources

Back