Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Airline Pilot Hat: What will become of it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hat or not when you guys go to Costco please, take your epaulets off and your ID badge. It really degrades the profession when some of you go grocery shopping in full uniform.

Rez, you're such a hypocrite. It may be my perception that the hat does not make one more professional and looks silly on some people, or that the flying public doesn't care, but it is entirely your perception that it does and they do.

In reality I feel sorry for you. You are so insecure that you tie your professionalism and image/personality to a company required artifact.

Also you are not nearly as deep and insightful as you think you are.

ALSO Rez,

What you really should have your panties in a bunch about instead of the lack of hats is the one uniform article that actually DOES look unprofessional and almost demeaning: The Leather Jacket. Looks trashy and well, unprofessional. Unless you're a professional biker. In which case it might look professional when you're at a biker gathering.

I worked for an airline that changed the hat policy to "hats optional". It was awesome because you could tell immediatley who the contol freaks were by who kept wearing the hat. My beef with the hat is they are so darn uncomfortable. Why can't someone make a hat that doesn't have a hard leather head band that fits nobody and is lined with plastic so it traps all your head it in and causes you sweat like a pig?

Don't work for the company nor am I a shareholder. Just thought you can use the information...

http://www.premierhatco.com/?page=shop/index&

These are the guys that use to make those great hats for the original Bancroft company.
FYI, Superior bought the name Bancroft but the Bancroft hats they currently make are not of the same quality as the original. Premier are the best.

•Premier’s DRI FIT - Designed by Premier Hat - Wear tested and perfected by line pilots!
•New DRI-LEX® moisture wicking breathable lining.
•Perforated crown protector with card holder allows heat to escape.
•New Microfiber sweatband designed and proven to wick moisture away from your head.
•Same quality construction and traditional look as the classic style Premier hat.
•One-piece quality construction.
•All seams are lock-stitched for durability and reliability.
•All eyelets have back up washers for strength and stability.
•Posts have screw-backed buttons - not wire-backed buttons.
•Front stay is made from twin wire steel - not plastic.
•Stay is covered with matching lining material for a clean, finished look.
•Matching tape includes stiffener in crown seam.
•Sweatbands have reeding to create a natural roll and cushion that keeps stitches away from your head.
•Genuine Clarino™ First Officer visor tops and leather bottoms laminated and cut "in-house" - not imported.
•All hats come with a 100 % satisfaction guarantee

Check this out ;) http://www.3dvo-models.com/clients/Blackstone/links/01127/model.php

Don't work for the company nor am I a shareholder. Just thought you can use the information...

http://www.premierhatco.com/?page=shop/index&

These are the guys that use to make those great hats for the original Bancroft company.
FYI, Superior bought the name Bancroft but the Bancroft hats they currently make are not of the same quality as the original. Premier are the best.

•Premier’s DRI FIT - Designed by Premier Hat - Wear tested and perfected by line pilots!
•New DRI-LEX® moisture wicking breathable lining.
•Perforated crown protector with card holder allows heat to escape.
•New Microfiber sweatband designed and proven to wick moisture away from your head.
•Same quality construction and traditional look as the classic style Premier hat.
•One-piece quality construction.
•All seams are lock-stitched for durability and reliability.
•All eyelets have back up washers for strength and stability.
•Posts have screw-backed buttons - not wire-backed buttons.
•Front stay is made from twin wire steel - not plastic.
•Stay is covered with matching lining material for a clean, finished look.
•Matching tape includes stiffener in crown seam.
•Sweatbands have reeding to create a natural roll and cushion that keeps stitches away from your head.
•Genuine Clarino™ First Officer visor tops and leather bottoms laminated and cut "in-house" - not imported.
•All hats come with a 100 % satisfaction guarantee

Check this out ;) http://www.3dvo-models.com/clients/Blackstone/links/01127/model.php

Rez spontaneously ejaculated after reading this. "OMG the seams are lock-stitched."

Last edited:
ALSO Rez,

What you really should have your panties in a bunch about instead of the lack of hats is the one uniform article that actually DOES look unprofessional and almost demeaning: The Leather Jacket. Looks trashy and well, unprofessional. Unless you're a professional biker. In which case it might look professional when you're at a biker gathering.

On this we are in complete agreement.

Fashion flaps

The hat is a brand icon and image for the public.

I agree, and personally liked the hat, never doubting that its main purpose was to aid in marketing our service. Since deregulation, the public has adapted to much greater changes in their flying experience than seeing hatless pilots, so this is probably not a big deal, unless we make it one.

A few years ago, our local symphony offered a few "casual concerts", with the musicians wearing blue jeans and golf shirts. After some grumbling, most patrons got used to the idea and ticket sales were brisk. I still prefer the aesthetics of formal attire, but the musicians own the orchestra and they play very well, so "de gustibus non est disputandum". :)

Latest resources

Back