• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"The Academy"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tell me about it. Getting that rejection letter was the saddest day of my life. If only I had a few more 10's of thousands of dollars......

Dude! Everyone knows you send your resume with gold lettering on them to these prestigious universities.

Or take an old "freight dog" to an interview with a respectible company and watch him get laughed out of the building.

Sorry to report to you sir, that this is a long long way from the truth.

Check out DCA's website. The intro music sounds pretty lame for a flight school's website. It sounds like it is geared toward that very cocky, spiky haired, "I went to the Academy", "dude".

They forgot to mention on the website your new "highly skilled flight instructor" just graduated the program herself last week.

Her instructor also only had three hundred hours of flight experience to impart upon her.

She'll be moving on to a regional airline before you finish your private license. She can't fly a visual approach, but who cares? She will soon be SIC of a 50-passenger regional jet!

...ya know, come to think of it. I flew with an FO a loooong time ago in the mighty ATRah...and he used a knee board. I was briefed by him that he was going to use it....damn, what was his name.

I flew with a senior 700 captain only a couple of months ago who used a knee board. Never wrote a damn thing on it but he strapped it on before every flight. Talk about a real tool! :cartman:

Or take an old "freight dog" to an interview with a respectible company and watch him get laughed out of the building.

Hmm, I wonder if you transitioned straight from the right seat of a Seminole to that J-41?

Did you fly it for that "respectable" company TSA?

I flew with a senior 700 captain only a couple of months ago who used a knee board. Never wrote a damn thing on it but he strapped it on before every flight. Talk about a real tool! :cartman:

And you're a tool for using a knee board because...?

Hmm, I wonder if you transitioned straight from the right seat of a Seminole to that J-41?

Did you fly it for that "respectable" company TSA?

Kind of to the first question. Was actually instructing in Mooney's and 172's. No to the second. Worked at ACA/Independence.

Not on here to brag. Just evening up the score on someone who makes a rash generalization about a particular type of person. A Riddle student in this scenario.

I'm sure there are as many clueless guys who come out of Riddle to fly freight as there are freight dogs who transition to aircraft with automation (autopilot, FMS, etc).

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back