• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"The Academy"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And you're a tool for using a knee board because...?

Maybe in General Aviation where the cockpit is so small is that ok, but in an airline environment, you look like a tool for having a knee board strapped to you. In the last 10 years, I have only flown with one guy who wore a knee board.....Its the equivalent of another pilot putting on a pair of foggles so he can log instrument time.

I can see marking the guy as a tool if he tells everyone they're unsafe for not using one or some BS like that, but if it works for him and he keeps to himself, who cares?

I can top that. I was in recurrent last week at Flight Safety, and saw a Prius with a Florida Embry-Riddle top gun plate, Riddle stickers all over it, and hay in the back. I'm afraid to wonder what the hay was for.
His sheep-friend, brokeback style!
PBR

You can get raped for $100K for your ratings there.
Senor Sanchez,
If you bend over and spread your cheeks of ones own free will, is that not consensual?
The 'ole $100K cornhole, priceless!
PBR

We had a new hire ER f/o (sometime last week) who when tower cleared them to position and hold in CVG he keyed up and said "we cant go..we need to deice". I think he was sent to BD's office for a good raking.

We had a new hire ER f/o (sometime last week) who when tower cleared them to position and hold in CVG he keyed up and said "we cant go..we need to deice". I think he was sent to BD's office for a good raking.

?????????????

Why would you get a good raking for making sure the aircraft was safe to fly? Did the holdover time expire? Did they not de-ice then it started to snow? I'm sure the Captain agreed with him so did the Captain get a raking for de-icing the aircraft? I'm sure there is a reason that they needed to de-ice and if it would have been one of those "seasoned" FO's the same thing would have happned. And more than likely the Captain was the one telling the FO what to tell tower so I'm not sure what a newhire has to do with the deal here. I've had holdover times expire just prior to getting to the runway and had to do the same thing, so I don't realize why you would get a good raking for doing something like that.

Last edited:
I assume the story goes, the FO never asked the captain about it and took the "initiative", thus screwing them if they really didn't need to de-ice...

Latest resources

Back