Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Time2Spare said:
CaptBoy -

You're welcome, and thanks. I don't recall ever seeing a SKYW pilot post such a nice word, although I could be wrong.
Your fellow pilots make it pretty hard to say anything nice about Xjet pilots. There were:

-SKYW pilots were refused the jumpseat by Xjet captains
-An XJET pilot actually said we hate SKYW over the radio
-While introducing myself to an xjet capt he replies ah SKYWORST huh?
-Thousands of glares in the hall
-You say hi and they turn and look away
-While unfolding the jumpseat before a 2 and 1/2 hour flight in the actual the captain turns and says angrily "So I hear you guys are getting United flying instead of us because you guys will work for cheaper than us"
-All they seem to be able to talk about is how great xjet is and how scary it would be to work for a non union airline
-I heard several times "Does Skywest have any type of agreement where you eventually get to flow through to work for XJET"

Hope that clears things up.

swoopyswoop said:
Your fellow pilots make it pretty hard to say anything nice about Xjet pilots. There were:

-SKYW pilots were refused the jumpseat by Xjet captains
-An XJET pilot actually said we hate SKYW over the radio
-While introducing myself to an xjet capt he replies ah SKYWORST huh?
-Thousands of glares in the hall
-You say hi and they turn and look away
-While unfolding the jumpseat before a 2 and 1/2 hour flight in the actual the captain turns and says angrily "So I hear you guys are getting United flying instead of us because you guys will work for cheaper than us"
-All they seem to be able to talk about is how great xjet is and how scary it would be to work for a non union airline
-I heard several times "Does Skywest have any type of agreement where you eventually get to flow through to work for XJET"

Hope that clears things up.

I rest my case. Welcome Colgan!

I can't imagine someone making whore wages thinking he's too good to say hello to another human being.

Personally, I have no problems with XJET crews. Well, yea, they seem to be the cockiest group out there. And that even comes from your own peeps. Anyways, I know there are good and bad apples, so this isn't an attack on you. As a whole, your group is good.
I was once in TUL, trying to get back to IAH and as I was folding down the JS, the mood was great (hey buddy, how ya doin, etc.). Once I sat up straight, and he looked at my id, he said (and to quote) "SKYWEST, OH.........UH,.........IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT I WOULD HAVE SAID WE WERE OVERWEIGHT AND DENIED YOU..., NOW WE WILL HAVE TO BURN FUEL BEFORE WE CAN TAKEOFF. (cause it was a full boat). And he had nothing good to say to me the rest of the flight. THe FO was nice, but tried to tell me about how we aren't doing so good and ya'll were the greatest. (Cause he flies to Mexico and I fly to CLL). I flew the BRO by choice, cause I am from IAH. I could have as easily transitioned to jet and go to DEN, ORD, or the West Coast.

Not trying to ruffle feathers, but crap like that happens. We DO appreaciate the rides and GOOD luck in the future XJET. IF you are in DEN and mainline is full you are more than welcome on our flight.

AND CAPTBOY2001, Good luck in IAH...we wish you the best. We also hope you get some more support from your company to help you out. We know it's nothing personal, that's the industry and that business. Good luck, guys.

HOCKLEYPILOT
(now DENVERPILOT)

HockleyPilot said:
"SKYWEST, OH.........UH,.........IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT I WOULD HAVE SAID WE WERE OVERWEIGHT AND DENIED YOU..., NOW WE WILL HAVE TO BURN FUEL BEFORE WE CAN TAKEOFF. (cause it was a full boat). And he had nothing good to say to me the rest of the flight.

Hockley - if this truly happened like you are saying, then I apologize for us. This is total B.S. and should never have happened. The Cpt was a total d*ck and is not at all representative of the group as a whole. If you remember his name, PM me, and I'll drop a love note in his V-file.

Hey bro, no sweat. Stuff like that happens. Thanks for looking out for us. Once again, you are always welcome aboard and I wish everyone nothing but good Jumps. Unfortunately, there are jerks out there. Karma's a biotch....:)

Welcome to IAH guys, I've met a few Colgan pilots and they are great people, best of luck around here!

Not that anyone gives a sh@# but I have commuted from Phoenix with a couple of Colgan guys and they were nice. I try to treat others as individuals and not get caught up in all the other airline BS. Wish others would do the same. So quit with the generalizations.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back