Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Time2Spare said:
I rest my case. Welcome Colgan!

One year of my life was spent in Houston.
Our crews were super friendly and that just wasnt the case for about 1/2 of the crews I met in the hall, eating, or otherwise. The X jet pilots that jumped on us were always nothing but friendly.

I have NO CLUE how you say, "I rest my case!"
Seems like you have your mind made up..and it is closed lol!

Time2Spare said:
CaptBoy -

You're welcome, and thanks. I don't recall ever seeing a SKYW pilot post such a nice word, although I could be wrong.

Could be. Here is a posting from early SkyWest's early days in IAH (9/21/03):

Re: Re: Coex Emb 120
Quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Caucasian

As far as the flying itself goes, we are still a bit pissed. Not at the pilots, but at our own management.

[...and Reno - a SkyWest pilot said]
Every CoEx pilot I've met at IAH has been great. I've been there since July 1st and nothing but good experience with all the crews. I jump on CoEx every week commuting to and from work and the pilots always go out of their way to make me feel welcome and they do everything they can to make sure I get a ride. We do the same at SkyWest with CoEx Jumpseaters almost daily on our flights. I'm glad that we respect eachother and direct any grudges towards management and not at working pilots.

Last edited:
HockleyPilot said:
Personally, I have no problems with XJET crews. Well, yea, they seem to be the cockiest group out there. And that even comes from your own peeps. Anyways, I know there are good and bad apples, so this isn't an attack on you. As a whole, your group is good.
I was once in TUL, trying to get back to IAH and as I was folding down the JS, the mood was great (hey buddy, how ya doin, etc.). Once I sat up straight, and he looked at my id, he said (and to quote) "SKYWEST, OH.........UH,.........IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT I WOULD HAVE SAID WE WERE OVERWEIGHT AND DENIED YOU..., NOW WE WILL HAVE TO BURN FUEL BEFORE WE CAN TAKEOFF. (cause it was a full boat). And he had nothing good to say to me the rest of the flight. THe FO was nice, but tried to tell me about how we aren't doing so good and ya'll were the greatest. (Cause he flies to Mexico and I fly to CLL). I flew the BRO by choice, cause I am from IAH. I could have as easily transitioned to jet and go to DEN, ORD, or the West Coast.

I doubt the Captain was going to deny you a jumpseat after seeing you worked for Skywest. I've had nothing but good experiences with the IAH ExpressJet guys. I'm sure there are bad apples out there, but maybe if you had a bad experience it was you. I've seen how you Skywest guys looked in IAH. Talk about Bush League! Is it that hard to properly wear your uniform? I saw a Skywest guy walking through the airport this past winter with his tie not at the top and wearing a sock hat. At first I thought he was going to rob the place.

I may be speaking out of line here, but a little professionalism goes a long way.

Captain Overs said:
I saw a Skywest guy walking through the airport this past winter with his tie not at the top and wearing a sock hat. At first I thought he was going to rob the place.

Backpacks... don't forget the Embry-Riddle backpacks.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Most of you know I'm not a big SKYW fan. I could list a number of reasons why but I won't. The individual pilots at SKYW really have nothing to do with who's flying they are doing. Jerry A and the gang make all of those decisions. When SKYW came to town, I welcomed them and NEVER once passed by a SKYW crew without saying hello. I always talked to them on the bus and when I deadheaded I made sure to stick my head up front and say hi. There were a number of times where we "worked" to get a SKYW jumpseater on so they could get home. I personally have a number of SKYW friends and they are all outstanding guys.

I have never understood why pilots will attack other pilots. It makes no sense to me because you are only creating divides that management teams want to see within their workgroups. No individual pilot at SKYW or any carrier deserves to be attacked by another professional pilot in this industry. I apologize for any XJT guys who don't feel the same. We have over 1200 pilots in IAH and with that number you are bound to have a few guys who are not too sharp.

To all the SKYW guys, it was good having you in IAH. To all the Colgan guys, welcome. In 2007 we will probably welcome more guys in IAH, so welcome in advance to whoever it may be. If XJT management ever decides to move into someone else's territory, I hope the same courtesy will be extended to us.

Time2Spare said:
If you remember his name, PM me, and I'll drop a love note in his V-file.

Dude, were you there? If I got a note from you because you "heard" a story on flight forums and you felt you needed to set me straight, I'd call your a$$ out. No, it wouldn't have been me (I was a commuter once and appreciated the great hospitality I got reguardless of the airline I flew for), but come on give me a break! No disrespect, but I don't know what is more annoying--all of your vote yes BS last year, or your self appointed "XJT Ambassador" status.

Sorry if I came off rude, but it had to be said.

I doubt the Captain was going to deny you a jumpseat after seeing you worked for Skywest. I've had nothing but good experiences with the IAH ExpressJet guys. I'm sure there are bad apples out there, but maybe if you had a bad experience it was you. I've seen how you Skywest guys looked in IAH. Talk about Bush League! Is it that hard to properly wear your uniform? I saw a Skywest guy walking through the airport this past winter with his tie not at the top and wearing a sock hat. At first I thought he was going to rob the place.

I may be speaking out of line here, but a little professionalism goes a long way.

Captain,
I agree there are good and bad apples out there, and you are right, professionalism goes a long way. But I disagree about your comment about SkyWest pilots in general by judging the 60 pilots out of 2000 in IAH. I am SURE there are misdressed folks everywhere, even mainlines. So that comment can be directed at pretty much every airline group.

And for you to boldly say that it was probably me is absurd as well. Why would I risk being an A$$ when the plane is full and they could have easily told me it was overweight. That wouldn't be very smart, plus I have no reason to act that way, especially if they were doing me a favor by giving me a lift. Maybe the Captain was an a$$? All I know is he let me go, cause they were late, the door was closing, and the JS was already erect. (Can I say that word?) I didn't tell the story to get a rise out of anyone, I was just responding to the guys claim about SKW and XJET. I have no reason to lie, and if someone is being an A$$, then they deserve to be denied.

Maybe we like Colgan better because they are not flying our old brasilias for a codeshare that we used to fly only one year prior...Just a thought..

I have nutin against SKYW but that might be why some felt unwelcome in IAH on their end.

The Saab looks great in CAL colors BTW

What's the big deal about waving to people in the terminal. If somebody doesn't wave to you, it doesn't mean they hate you, just that they don't bow down and curtsy to everyone else they see wearing a pilot uniform. Most expressjet pilots don't even say hi to one another in the terminal so don't feel bad if they stare straight ahead when you walk by them. That's just the culture in IAH I guess.

"Most expressjet pilots don't even say hi to one another in the terminal so don't feel bad if they stare straight ahead when you walk by them. That's just the culture in IAH I guess."

That's pretty much what happens in SLC with the SkyW guys. I don't think anyone can tell the difference now with the express jet's new "flair" between skyw and coex dudes/ettes.

I personally have had nothing but positive feedback from IAH crews/agents/controllers/rampers etc..., but then again, I've only been here for about 6 months. I pretty sure though that a bunch of our guys did walk the picket line with the Coex guys last year...not bad if you ask me for a bunch of non-union whores that stole your VCT overnights from underneath you guys.

Mookie

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back