• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thanks Spirit!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, that's a testiment to the power of the internet. People do read these boards, and they do develop attitudes based upon perceptions that they pick up.

Not to worry, I don't plan to sit on the interview board any time soon.

engima

PS, this "power of the internet" thing is a large part of my reason for limiting my presence on this and other boards.

Are any of the Spirit newhires getting FLL? If not, any idea on how long it would take to transfer to FLL?

Thanks, and I apologize for asking a real question on here.

Newhire Crewbases

8 of us in monday's class. 5 to DTW, 3 to FLL--all got what we wanted. 3 more classes coming; jan15 and 2 in february. 3 more a/c for this month. good luck to all!

gator

here's what i posted on another thread last month...

Spirit Interview
For those that have an upcoming interview:

Start the day with a simple, straight-forward Powerpoint presentation on the company. The written test is a short (20 questions?) mix of write-your-own answer, multiple-choice and true/false. Not complicated if you've been studying the FAR/AIM, Jepp intro, and have a good grasp of 121 ops (decipher a TAF/METAR, standard ILS mins, etc).

There is a fill-in-the-circle personality test. No right/wrong answers; they just want to see what type of personality you have. Relax and try to answer them honestly.

The 4-panel interview board is made up of HR, flight training/standards, an ALPA rep, and an alternate (inflight dept, etc). They'll look over your resume, letters of rec, and logbooks. Each person has their favorite questions: What has been the greatest challenge with your current position? What if a Captain deliberately goes below mins? Something you did you thought the better of later? Why Spirit?

Do your homework on the company. Know the officers. Have a few good relevant questions for them in your back pocket. Show them you know the company and your not in front of them because you thought "flying an Airbus would be cool".

I think the questions they ask are tailored to what they know about the person in front of them. Be yourself and try to relax. There is no "prove to us your worthy" attitude; it is a very personable experience and they just want to get people they think may make a good fit.

Be prepared to defend your weaknesses. If you don't have jet/FMS time, be ready to explain why you think you can make the transition. If you don't have much/any turbine PIC, show you haven't been just "gettin' clearances and yankin' gear". Being steady under a little heat is a good attribute. Be positive and don't downtalk/badmouth your company/fellow employees.

There is no sim eval. They assume if you're there, you're qualified.

The entire process is rather relaxed and positive. It seems that if they like you, they'll hire you. Getting there (to the interview) is the tough part. The best part is you'll know yay or nay the same day.

Good luck to all those awaiting the call. It's a real up-beat time around Spirit and could be a good time to get in.

gator

Spirit 1 Colgan 0

Any chance you Spirit guys and gals could let us borrow a Bus for a while we get our Beech 1900 fixed that you guys somehow ran into at BOS on Christmas Day?

or

Free Flights for us Colgan Hommies for life on Spirit or priority for hiring in the next class! Even Trade...

Latest word is that the Cogan aircraft was parked short.

Yeh, you think paying them 7 bucks an hour would make them give a sh-t. I know that's more than the 1900 drivers, but they'll eventually make 250k/year flying big airplanes.

Especially if you have 12,000 plus hours on the 1900 like godfather does...
All incident free.. One only has to wander why he still flys a 1900.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back