• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thanks Jet Blue!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"SOPHISTICATED INVESTOR: Airline Blues Make Private Jets All The More Attractive

By Thomas Kostigen "

Yeh - I don't think old Tommy is all that sophisticated if he thinks any of JetBlues clientsare going to be riding round in Private Jets. I guess that's why he's writing articles and not following his own brilliant advice.

It could be said that the trickle up theory- to the frac that sucks the least, will also fuel pure Part 91 operations. The true BIG money will trickle up to a place where it has total control. I think in 10 years you guys won't ride the airlines to work. Net Jets will one day buy the Day Jet operation for 10 cents on the dollar after it is an abysmal failure. Net Jets lite is born, B scale pay, creating a niche for the 1-5 millionaire group and cheap enough to fly you guys to your planes.

It could be said that the trickle up theory- to the frac that sucks the least, will also fuel pure Part 91 operations. The true BIG money will trickle up to a place where it has total control. I think in 10 years you guys won't ride the airlines to work. Net Jets will one day buy the Day Jet operation for 10 cents on the dollar after it is an abysmal failure. Net Jets lite is born, B scale pay, creating a niche for the 1-5 millionaire group and cheap enough to fly you guys to your planes.

Where am I going to put my bag on that thing??? Answer me that please.

Where am I going to put my bag on that thing??? Answer me that please.

And how many fuel stops would it need between NY and south FL?

"Systems operation looked at the manifest and said `Well, gee, look at all these connecting flights to Orlando. Let's just over-fly New York,'" said Tim Luceno, a spokesman for JetBlue. "It was almost like the JetBlue bus to Florida."

I wonder if the airline's spokesman really meant to compare his company's service to riding on a bus.

So everyone on that plane was going to Orlando? I doubt it.

From another local newspaper I read (it was big news here in Vermont) there were something like 150 booked on the flight. Of those, 120 or so were going to Florida (if you've ever been to Vermont at this time of the year you'll know why :) ).

JetBlue dropped most of those in Orlando and flew the rest on to Fort Lauderdale. Sure there were 20 or 30 passengers who were unable to get to New York on the flight, but considering the only other option was cancellation, I give JB credit for showing some initiative.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Latest resources

Back