Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yosemite said:
Hey guys, you're welcome.

PM me with your e-mail addy and I'll send you some Excel stuff.

I pack the 22" as follows:

8-underwear
6-white undershirts
2-3 t shirts or 2 and 1 collared shirt during winter
1-shorts
1-jeans
6-uniform shirts folded in quarters so they fit side by side in bag
1-uniform trouser
tennis shoes
bathroom kit bag
6 pair of work socks and 2 shorty socks for tenny's in the two side pockets.

I ALWAYS wear a uniform to/from work because it minimizes the need to carry extra clothes, and I am proud of the work I do.

I don't work out that often so I don't have the issue of sweaty clothes to deal with (oompa loompa's do that you know. Biggest weight I lift is repeat 12 oz curls. I even switch arms! :beer: )

I use the hotel plastic bags to pack the used clothes in. I fold everything nice and flat, to size, before putting it in the plastic bag and I try to use one bag for two days old clothes. Also, toward the end of the tour I move the clean clothes to one side of the bag and keep them on top of or seperate from the plastic bags. Finally, I try to roll out the air of each bag before I put it up, and squish them down each day as well.

Sometimes my bag is pretty plump by the end of tour... in the summer it's not so bad. You just have to pay attention to it and take a little effort to minimize the size of things.

Hope this helps...

Sounds close to the way I pack also. With a couple of suggestions, this time of years I always have a pair of swimming shorts with me. You never know.

Also I have my dry cleaner fold about 3/4 of my uniform shirts, then I put them into a shirt deal from Eagle Creek that allows me compress them and save space. Been using the 22" for many years with no problems, except it is wearing out..

Depends on how long the airline home is if I go in uniform....

I use the 26" Purdy Neat bag. Love it...never had trouble with the F/As when boarding, especially in uniform.

I am, however, surprised that no one has yet mentioned that a lot of folks just check a normal bag and don't have to (let's see...how was it put) "live like a man under a bridge for 7 days." :D

Latest resources

Back