Thanks AirTran MEC!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And you say your. Not. A hater

You guys seem to equate any comment made about SWA other than "SWA rules!" with being a SWA hater. It appears to me Fubi simply calling foul on the SWA is King perception. I got news for you, SWA is not the "King" of the industry. None of us are. SWA has been quite successful in it's niche of short to medium haul LCC flying. That's great but it doesn't make you "King"
Personally I would guess that your merger with AirTran will work just fine and you will maintain a piece of the ATL market thanks to it (you could not have done it on your own).
It will be interesting to see how SWA fares going forward. SWA established itself by having costs lower than the competition thanks to higher productivity, lower paid employees and after 9/11 they had a fuel hedging advantage. Now the legacies are much stronger, SWA no longer has the fuel hedge or lower paid employee advantage and you seem to have run out of markets were you don't have to compete head to head with the legacies. Seems to me you guys should be just a little more humble and realistic about your position in the industry.
Oh and please try and keep that "warrior spirit" in check when you taxi your airplanes around eh?

Now, does that make me a hater?

Believe me when I tell you, SWA and it's pilots couldn't be less comparable with united and their pilots. A whole different management, culture within our group, culture companywide, truly, an entirely different experience.

But good try.

You probe your hater mode with the "...for now."
Of course, but I'll bet you a Benjamin we'll be king for a while. A long, long while.

I can't imagine two companies more different than UAL and SWA but I think the point is that in the 90's we all knew UAL pilots who thought UAL was "King" of the hill and who loved to boast about how much they make relative to their peers..........

You guys seem to equate any comment made about SWA other than "SWA rules!" with being a SWA hater. It appears to me Fubi simply calling foul on the SWA is King perception. I got news for you, SWA is not the "King" of the industry. None of us are. SWA has been quite successful in it's niche of short to medium haul LCC flying. That's great but it doesn't make you "King"
Personally I would guess that your merger with AirTran will work just fine and you will maintain a piece of the ATL market thanks to it (you could not have done it on your own).
It will be interesting to see how SWA fares going forward. SWA established itself by having costs lower than the competition thanks to higher productivity, lower paid employees and after 9/11 they had a fuel hedging advantage. Now the legacies are much stronger, SWA no longer has the fuel hedge or lower paid employee advantage and you seem to have run out of markets were you don't have to compete head to head with the legacies. Seems to me you guys should be just a little more humble and realistic about your position in the industry.
Oh and please try and keep that "warrior spirit" in check when you taxi your airplanes around eh?

We get paid by the tfp not the minute. So per our fom we get to do 30 GS. Sorry brother we will worry how we roll and you worry about yourself.

>>>Now the legacies are much stronger....<<<

Thanks to the shredding of contracts, retirements plans, and the screwing of investors and suppliers! Not something to be proud of. Nice to be able to compete by breaking contractual promises and just dumping off your your employees and debt to the curb! Heck of a way to run a business. If not for the lousy bankruptcy laws, they'd have all been out of business. Apparently no Darwinism in business.

Last edited:

How many years of profitability has good ole SWA had the past THREE decades? Hey Ponco, I recieved about 250 grr worth of fun coupons last year and only worked 150 days. You tell me who has it better. I am KING! Might flirt with 300 this year. Wut is your excuse! I guess we are just a "start up" trying to make ends meet.

What are you smoking Dan? You obviously have know idea what you're talking about regarding most of the whole post.

You conveniently altered my post to twist what I said. I said SWA no longer has the fuel hedge ADVANTAGE, not SWA no longer has fuel hedges like you altered the post to say. Yes they have hedges, so does everyone else now. Instead of slinging insults and altering my quote, what have I said that isn't true? The legacies are nowhere near as vulnerable, SWA does not have the same advantage with cheaper labor that they had in the past, they certainly don't have the same fuel hedge advantage they had, so what is it?

You flat out twisted my post around to say something I never said and you ask me what am I smoking?

Last edited:
How many years of profitability has good ole SWA had the past THREE decades? Hey Ponco, I recieved about 250 grr worth of fun coupons last year and only worked 150 days. You tell me who has it better. I am KING! Might flirt with 300 this year. Wut is your excuse! I guess we are just a "start up" trying to make ends meet.

I rest my case. (I guess post 93 went right over your head!)

Last edited:
Now the legacies are much

Ok Dan,

You really think that the legacies are stronger? Check Delta's loss last quarter. Answer me this..

What percentage of aircraft does Delta own outright? What about everything else? Leases abound my friend. It's still to this day a different operating model as someone stated before. Years of legacy CEO's that don't give a rat's arse about the customer or the employees really. I would say Southwest continues to be different...and successful every single year because of it.

And yes, I still wonder what you are smoking. The differences are still night and day.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back