Thank You Ralph Nader!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CCDiscoB

Your decision to run for President will guarantee George Bush a reelection. That can only be good news for the airline industry.

Ralph Nader, america's best republican campign worker!

I don't really agree with what he does, but he has some good points... A shame that he's doing more harm than good for his own cause.

He said that he's tired of America being held hostage to the two-party system and thinks there needs to be multiple parties.

I couldn't agree more....if it happens that the conglomeration of special interest groups that is the democrat party is split, the GOP will rule this country for at least the next fifty years.

AHHH, I can see it now....former lawyers delivering pizzas for a living, insurance costs diminishing, cheap fuel, less dependence on foriegn oil, health care that we can actually afford, thousands of dead or jailed terrorists, reasonably priced personal aircraft.....

Yup, GO RALPH!!!

On Nader

I voted for GWB in 2000. I feel betrayed by him now. Ralph Nader will not just get the votes of some Democrats. I have been a conservative and a Republican for most of my life. Ralph will get my vote this November. I see nothing attractive with John Kerry. With just Bush and Kerry, I see a choice between tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum.

Jesse Ventura “shocked the world” in 2000 as an independent in Minnesota. Maybe Ralph can do it on the national scene. In any event, I will not vote for the lesser of two evils this time around. I watched Nader on Tim Russert’s show this morning, and I liked what he had to say.

Jesse Ventura “shocked the world” in 2000 as an independent in Minnesota.

.......and was chased out of St. Paul four years later by an angry mob. I know he didn't run for a second term, but he had something like a 30% approval rating and an unbelievable fiscal mess......lesson learned.

A good friend is a Minnesota State Trooper.....it's a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** good thing "The Body" didn't need to call on them to protect him from the lynch crowd......they would have joined the group.

Last edited:
Yea but....

Actually, Jesse Ventura did a fairly credible job in Minnesota as far as the fiscal end of his job. You are correct about him having a very low approval rating when he left office (probably why he chose not to stand for a second term as Gov). He vetoed more bills than any other Minnesota governor in history, and it was always over things he did not want to spend money on. Some vetoes were overridden, but many stood up.

His drop in popularity was mostly due to his super ego, and disdain for anyone who disagreed with him. He was a huge crybaby, and his relationship with the local media, both print and broadcast was horrible. But, he sure liked to get on the Jay Leno show, or on with Chris Matthews on the national media outlets.

The point is, the establishment Democrat and Republican machine politics in Minnesota took the electorate for granted, and it cost them. A professional ‘wrassler’ was now our governor. Maybe Ralph can to it too? He certainly has got to have better credentials than Jesse “The Body” Ventura.

Re: On Nader

jarhead said:
I voted for GWB in 2000. I feel betrayed by him now.
Not quite sure why you feel betrayed by him, but I'd suggest reading the book, "The Right Man" about his presidency. It's an inside look from one of his speech writers. He seems to give GWB an even amount of criticisim and praise. Also helps you understand 'the man' and the methods behind the madness.

Dubya '04.

Re: Re: On Nader

MarineGrunt said:
Not quite sure why you feel betrayed by him, but I'd suggest reading the book, "The Right Man" about his presidency. It's an inside look from one of his speech writers. He seems to give GWB an even amount of criticisim and praise. Also helps you understand 'the man' and the methods behind the madness.

Dubya '04.

Most people forget the conservative Nader, Ross Perot. He split the Republican vote during 1992, allowing Clinton to get into the White House.

Yes I know that these candidates do get cross over votes, but for the most part they split the votes of their closest party (Democrat for Nader) so that they lose key states.

Latest resources

Back