• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thank-you Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sweet, and how much is my bonus this year?

I see you fly the E170 ............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... Reverend Bedford spoke to me through God last night and informed me that upgrade for you is very near at hand (the right hand - just don't use it for any sinful pleasures in the meantime).
He said Christmas bonus time is just around the corner and you should enjoy the fruits (both of them) which he hath provided. Amen.

yeah 32 an hour does not make it easy in minneapolis......but i am living with it....and i did not create the downward spiral...i am just living with it......i do not choose to leave the industry......you can if you want.

You got a direct answer. It happened to slam your nose in a door where it didn't belong, sorry you were wrong about my background. :cool:

Not by the NMB. It would take a judicial action, the NMB doesn't have that authority. If YOU had any experience in law, or in the grievance process, you'd understand that.

Post some numbers then, show me where I'm wrong. IN WRITING, with excerpts from the NEW contract and moving forward each year for each seat, and then combine them for a grand total of % difference (remember, COLA is cumulative on the previous year, not the 1st year of the DOS).

I'm a betting man, I'll bet you a c-note it's well over the 10% mark and closer into the mid-teens as I said before.

Proof? Of what? That you can't debate competently? That you don't understand that you can't use a future 'possibility' as 'proof' of anything one way or another?

I didn't say Goldman Sachs just threw their money away, I simply said the MSA pilots would be lucky to see very much of it. If you'd actually READ what I wrote instead of just firing away, you'd see that.

Lear,

Obviously you have a pretty big ego and think you are really a super smart guy. I think you are fairly smart, but your extremism gets in the way of a few real issues. I appreciate your attempt to have the industry hold its ground, but you like to rail on anyone who is not a radical.

I am glad you think you have shamed me and others with your witty posts. I am sure in your mind you think you just won some big argument. I will let the viewers decide that.

By the way, in the Mesaba case, the NMB showed up as an adversary party to the unions and ATTEMPTED to use their "jurisdiction". Just so you know.

If I get a chance, I will try to post some numbers. I have been spending WAY too much time reading your posts lately. (and I am sure I don't type 130 wpm!)

And if Goldman Sachs bought the PCL claim, doesn't that mean they think the payout for unsecured creditors will be greater than 40%? I think 40+ is quite a bit more than you were referring to.

Good luck at AirTran. Maybe they will figure out you are so smart they will let you take over the CEO position...

Obviously you have a pretty big ego and think you are really a super smart guy. I think you are fairly smart, but your extremism gets in the way of a few real issues. I appreciate your attempt to have the industry hold its ground, but you like to rail on anyone who is not a radical.
There's a HUGE difference between being a radical (which I don't believe I am) and someone who insists on the contract being followed and refusing to give ground when none should be given.

I am absolutely certain that most will agree that, in this case, no concessions were financially necessary for MSA's survival, especially after the not-inconsequential withdrawal MSA took just before filing.

I understand the dynamics involved in the courts, but my principles wouldn't have allowed anything but a No vote.

And since when did being principled = extremism?

I am glad you think you have shamed me and others with your witty posts. I am sure in your mind you think you just won some big argument. I will let the viewers decide that.
My intent wasn't to shame anyone until you came out swinging. My first post was very peaceful while stating my opinion, which is my right. If you hadn't gone on the offensive, I wouldn't have felt the need to slam you so thoroughly.

By the way, in the Mesaba case, the NMB showed up as an adversary party to the unions and ATTEMPTED to use their "jurisdiction". Just so you know.
Can you cite what page of the court records that is on so I can read EXACTLY how they attempted to do so? Page and paragraph, please.

If I get a chance, I will try to post some numbers. I have been spending WAY too much time reading your posts lately. (and I am sure I don't type 130 wpm!)
Suuurrrrre. IF you get a chance.

I'm SURE something will come up. Don't worry, I won't be offended. ;)

And if Goldman Sachs bought the PCL claim, doesn't that mean they think the payout for unsecured creditors will be greater than 40%? I think 40+ is quite a bit more than you were referring to.
And how much of that will YOU as a pilot see? You really think you're going to see all of that money? If so, I have some oceanfront land here in TN to sell you...

Good luck at AirTran. Maybe they will figure out you are so smart they will let you take over the CEO position...
Wouldn't want the job, JL is doing just fine, thanks.

Lear70 and GeneralLee......not the same but close. Look at the care taken to individually quote everything, classy!
Me and the General? I don't know whether to be offended or to say thanks. ;)

I wish you guys would just get it over with and have sex...
I'd probably have the same response that kid in your picture has...

Nice thought, though. 'Don't make war, make love, man!' LOL :)

Lear,

That sums is up pretty good. There is no bigger tool than lear70. I know him and believe me that he is being laughed at as opposed to laughed with.

I don't blame the mesaba guys one bit for voting this in, I wish we would just vote in our pinnacle contract and get it over with so we can all move on. I came to pinnacle to fly my a$$ off and to get to where i really want to go, a major. I did not come here to STFD or what ever the heck you bitter guys say. Half of the people at pinnacle that will vote on our contract will not even be here in 1 year, so I don't understand why everyone gets so pissed off. There is nothing we can do to change what management is going to do. They are going to get what they need to make money. XJ is a perfect example. How long has this been going on to get the same results? Or we could be like comair and get the best contract ever, look where they are now, falling back to the rest of us. The current proposal on the table for pinnacle might not be the best, but it gives fo's a raise, and with current attrition and with the majors hiring, it wont even matter to over half the pilot group in 3 years. Would you rather spend that 3 years doing what ASA is doing right now? I don't. I say good job to the XJ Guys who were voting yes because they just want to move on and get to where they need to go. Now its our turn for our union to "not give one cent" and then do it anyway in the end.

Well comair will get a concessionary agreement that will be a far better than PCL's contract is now. Even the XJ concessions are better than PCL.....IF you are only here to gain time and walk on the backs of other career pilots everywhere just to get your time to go to some elusive major job that you PROBABLY are'nt going to get this decade....maybe we should SHUT YOU DOWN. People like you are THE PROBLEM WITH THIS INDUSTRY.

That sums is up pretty good. There is no bigger tool than lear70. I know him and believe me that he is being laughed at as opposed to laughed with.
Suuuurrrre you do.

Feel free to PM me and let me know who you are, or post it here. I'll be glad to own up to it if you do, in fact, know me personally.

As for the rest of this thread, it's a dead horse and I'm done debating, say whatever you want, I'm not going to trouble to respond anymore, I have better things to do.

Good luck to everyone at MSA, and my condolences again to the 'NO' voters. Hopefully your time there will be short-lived and you'll be on to bigger and better things.

As for the rest of this thread, it's a dead horse and I'm done debating, say whatever you want, I'm not going to trouble to respond anymore, I have better things to do.

Good luck to everyone at MSA, and my condolences again to the 'NO' voters. Hopefully your time there will be short-lived and you'll be on to bigger and better things.

I agree. This is dead. Since you are a wise-ass, you can crunch the numbers for yourself. I am really not interested in doing your work for you. If you want the numbers, get them from one of your Mesaba "buddies". I stand by my own assertions.

As for the reference page from the court transcript, not going to do that either. I was there in court that day, so I remember it pretty well. But I am NOT going to search through thousands of pages to find that reference just for you. Knock yourself out. If you are smart as you claim to be, you know how to use search functions.

Take it as you want Mr. Lear......I'm just saying that you can quote like none other. As for the rest, I'm not getting in the middle of this goat and pony show.
Unless you are the 9E that gave me $hit the other day for taking concessions, not knowing that I didn't even work for XJ.

You ought to educate your coworkers prior to educating the rest of us.

Latest resources

Back