Texas freight operators

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bugchaser

Do any of you have any ideas on where to look for cargo jobs in Texas. I need to find something that will allow me to live in the central Texas area. I am commited to my current job until mid, late summer, so I am trying to get an early start on where to focus my job hunting. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Thanks

Wow, overqualified? That's a first for me. I have plenty of single engine and turbine time but I need to pump up my multi. I am currently at about 200 multi. I feel like I need to start out somewhere that I can accumulate some quality multi experience. Then, hopefully my TT and turbine experience will come into play. Hey, maybe SW will call me before then?

Thanks for the information.

oh, im not saying dont apply! but i know that GTA, MRA and the like tend to stick more to the ~1500 hour guys. they have the impression that lower time will stick around longer.

falcondriver,

Not sure which city yet. The wife and I both grew up around the Temple, College Station area and she really wants to get back a little closer to home if you know what I mean. Haven't ruled any area out at all. Just trying to get a line on where there may be some opportunity.

Cherry Air, Ameristar, Martinaire for Dallas. I know a few operate out of San Antonio, mabe Berry Aviation I think in San Marcos. Others probably know better what is available down south.
Good Luck
FD

From what I have heard it is difficult to get Texas with either Cherry, Ameristar, or Berry. You generally have to move somewhere else like Lansing, or El Paso (I know it is technically in Texas, but it might as well be China if you live on the I 35 corridor) until you have enough senority to hold TX.
On a side note what will happen with Cherry and Ameristars' Lears and Falcons with RVSM? The last Cherry guy I talked to (about 6 months ago) said the company has not done anything and as far as he knows will not do anything. So will they just fly them at 290? Will that be profitable? I know this was discussed a while back on this forum. I just havent heard anything recently and wanted some fresh insight.
usc

They will either be restricted below 300 or have to climb straight through to 410 or above. They will just have to spend more on gas anyway. Sorry, kinda off the subject of who to look for in texas.

Again, try the Dallas area, most often the best bet for jobs, or Houston maybe. You could always go to A&M (BOOOOO!!!! they $uck DIC'K) they like to spend lots of money flying their regents around TX.

Latest resources

Back