Texas freight operators

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
deadstick said:
I don't think non-RVSM planes will be allowed to climb through the zone. They will have to stay low and burn a bunch o' gas.

No, they will be allowed to climb through.

0 to 100 in 20 seconds.

Berry is looking for pilots on the East Coast at the moment. I know they are getting desperate for a Captain in FRG, which doesn't help you out geographically, but it is good multi time.

scoot

Bugchaser,

Who are you working for now? I am from central Texas also. If you want out of Ag get ready to starve and never see home. My advice is if you have a good seat keep it. I wish I would have.

Fmr Cropduster

RVSM

I have been told that Ameristar like Kalitta is using Avcon to comply with RVSM and TAWS requirements. Haven't heard about Cherry. And the is is FL280 or below for non-RVSM aircraft, not below 300. ANd finally, operators will be allowed to climb above 410, WORKLOAD permitting. But on the east and west coasts, plan on the workload to never be permitting. Plus it means climb straight through, no stops. A lot of the older 20s with tired engines can't do that.

Less than a week and counting till RVSM...FL420 is impossible with a cargo falcon. Even so thats the cieling of the plane anyway.

Try MRA

Try MartinAire, they are hiring, a C208 operator, great chief pilot, $22,500 per yr to start, not great but with per diem better than regional, good bases in TX and good schedule, no pressure to fly in ice and lines. In enjoyed my time there. If you can get SAT, it's the best base out there. Good luck.

Every one talks about fuel burn in a Falcon @ 280 as if will be guzzling fuel like a freshman pleab suckin on a funnel. Fact is the fuel burn is the same. You will have to give up some speed so distance will shorten for the same flight time, but it aint no big deal. Most flights don't push your fuel anyway.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back