Terrorists Almost strike Again.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Andy said:
Dude, do you realize how weird you sound? Do you seriously bring a gallon of ice tea and ranch dressing in your luggage on your commutes?

Dude, yes I do bring a gallon of ice tea, a small container of ranch dressing, along with a loaf of bread, pound of lunch meat, gallon of water, couple chicken breasts, a hamburger or two, carrots, chips, cereal, quart of milk, and a few other things not to mention 4 days of uniforms. I commute from Florida to Texas, and have no wheels in Texas, stay in a hotel 3 days a week there. Being an aircraft mechanic, I am forced to do this or have 3 squares a day in the hotel, which I can't really afford after hotel and commute expenses.
My wife is a flight attendant, so hence why I asked about checking your luggage every leg, she can't afford to have every meal in an airport cholesterol shack, so we bring a lot of our own food, which includes water, ice tea, milk, and soap, lotion, shampoo and conditioner, since she is hyper allergenic to the hotel so called shampoos. Lots of CREWS buy food at airport fast food joints, but even more crews bring their own stuff from home, so I'm dying to know what this new snafu is going to do for airline employees.

JP4user said:
Not a bad idea. But they do have rights. They have the right to die a slow painful and agonizing death. I was elated hearing the news that Zarqawi survived the airstrike long enough to realize who killed him. I was also happy about the suffering he endured as he bled to death internally.

I heard they offered him a HAM sandwich - didn't want him to die hungry...

God bless the British Intelligence. Replace it with FBI, and Bubble Boy Prairie Chapel Ranch boy would be again looking in the empty, in front of a classroom

Man, I thought I'd be the first with the lotion joke. Damn.

I feel slightly miffed that Delta wasn't targeted....all our European expansion and we can't even get someone trying to take us out.

Just kidding, of course.

I'm pretty impressed with the Brits, however...they've foiled some pretty big plots over the years.

-PF

30West said:
Please pause a moment, reflect back, and take the following multiple choice test. The events are actual events from history. They actually happened! Do you remember?

1. 1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by
a. Superman
b. Jay Leno
c. Harry Potter
d. a Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40

2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by
a. Olga Corbett
b. Sitting Bull
c. Arnold Schwarzenegger
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by:
a. Lost Norwegians
b. Elvis
c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women

4. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:
a. John Dillinger
b. The King of
Sweden
c. The Boy Scouts

5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
a. A pizza delivery boy
b. Pee Wee Herman
c. Geraldo Rivera

6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:
a. The Smurfs
b. Davey Jones
c. The Little Mermaid

7. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:
a. Captain Kidd
b. Charles Lindberg
c. Mother Teresa

8. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
a. Scooby Doo
b. The Tooth Fairy and The Sundance Kid

9. In 1993 the WorldTradeCenter was bombed the first time by:
a. Richard Simmons
b. Grandma Moses
c. Michael Jordan

10. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:
a. Mr. Rogers
b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill's women problems
c. The World Wrestling Federation

11. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers. Thousands of people were killed by:
a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd
b. The Supreme Court of Florida
c. Mr. Bean

12. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
a. Enron
b. The
LutheranChurch
c. The NFL

13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
a. Bonnie and
Clyde
b. Captain Kangaroo
c. Billy Graham

Nope, .I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you? So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people. They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winning and former Governor Joe Foss, but leave Muslim Males between the ages 17 and 40 alone lest they be guilty of profiling.

You chose your questions well. Here's a couple you missed.

Who bombed a federal office building in Oklahoma, killing men, women and children in a day care center?

1) Muslim extremist between the ages of 17 and 40.
2) Japanese veterans still angry over WWII.
3) Royal Canadian Mounted Police
4) White American veteran of Irish decent

Who bombed an abortion clinic killing women and children?

1) Muslim extremist between the ages of 17 and 40
2) Osama bin Laden
3) Hasidic Jews posing as pregnant teenagers
4) White christian extremists

Who killed about a dozen people using a sniper rifle in the DC area?

1) Muslim extremists between the ages of 17 and 40
2) Billy the Kid
3) Wyatt Erp and Doc Holliday
4) Black US military veteran and young teenager

Who contaminated several bottles of Tylenol?
Who attempted to bomb the Olympics in Atlanta?
Who was responsible for countless acts of terrorism is the UK and Ireland?
Who killed JFK? A former US Marine
Who shot Ronald Reagan?
Who shot at Gerald Ford? A middle aged woman

Maybe your pattern is a little harder to detect now.

Not only do terrorist come in many varieties, but as soon as you decide a certain group, say old white males, the terrorist will immediately seize on that opportunity to recruit them for their operations.

Last edited:
maru657 said:
Red Alert, Red alert, Must be coming up on elections again.

Dammit, Maru, you're right!! This was a golden opportunity for the Democrats. Bush and co. cut a secret deal with AQ to blow up planes enroute to the US, then sold them out to MI5, thereby creating a PR coup for the Anglosphere.

If only MI5 would've botched the job, several airliners would've been blown up, killing hundreds. We could've laid the blame at the feet of the Bush Administration and helped get more progressives elected to the House and Senate. Sure several hundred Americans and Brits would've been murdered, but it would've been worth it to get the GOP out of power. Just think about how we could've hammered Bush with this for years! Egad! What a lost opportunity.

Jerk.

brainhurts said:
I do not think that is weird. I bring a gallon of lotion with me. Its usuailly gone after a 3 day.

Well, if the person that uses a gallon of lotion in 3 days doesn't think it's weird, then I guess you're okay. :laugh:

A gallon???? very dry chick, obsessed metro-sexual dude or a guy who seriously needs a girlfriend........ which one is it?

Maybe you could get the folks on your crew to donate the little bottles from their hotel rooms - obviously just the ones from YOUR room wouldn't be enough. :rolleyes:

Indy refugee, in every one of your examples save one the perpetrator of the violence was a single individual, with maybe an accomplice or two. If you can't see the difference between those acts and the acts committed by worldwide, well funded, and organized terror organizations hellbent on destroying Western civilization and establishing an Islamic Caliphate throughout the globe, then you are not being honest with yourself.

Stop being so PC and pull your head out of the sand. They'll kill you, too, and your efforts to draw moral equivalency between them and a few disgruntled individuals won't impress them. Or stop them.

[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Three U.S. soldiers were killed in combat Wednesday in Iraq's restive Anbar province, west of Baghdad, the military said. The soldiers assigned to 1st Brigade, 1st Armored Division ``died from enemy action,'' the military said in a statement. It gave no other details. [/FONT][FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]The deaths raised to at least 2,595 the number of U.S. troops who have died since the Iraq war started in March 2003, according to an Associated Press count. [/FONT]
This is more important to me than all the red alert crap put out by our government.
Our boys and girls are still "securing" Iraq, while the Brits are getting it right, and keeping everybody safe.

Latest resources

Back