Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PlaneDrvr

Terrorists Almost Strike Again.

Early this morning authorities foil a imminent plot to "blow up as many as 20 airliners" in mid flight from the UK to the US.

Early details state that at least 20 people have been arrested in connection with the plot. Authorities state that the plot involved explosives in hand luggage and even "handbags." And, further state that NO carry-on luggage will be allowed on flights from the UK to the US, including even handbags, (exceptional items only allowed).

As a result of this event, the US has raised the "threat level" to the highest state for all flights between the US and the UK.

Futher details will come out later today.

DA

Last edited:
PlaneDrvr said:
Yeah, you start telling women that they can't even take their 'handbag' on the plane! lol
Doesn't every mother carry some lotion in their handbag? Make that every women. I even carry lotion in my flight bag (don't get any ideas - I do some long flights!)

Jeeze - I feel for you pax guys the next few days...

The official said the plotters intended to simultaneously target multiple planes bound for the United States. In Washington, two U.S. counterterrorism officials said the terrorist had targeted United, American and Continental airlines.

Today was a sh!tty day to commute, and that's all I want to say about it. I still have steam coming out of my ears.

Why don't they just target Middle Eastern men? Seems a lot more likely than my mom with some lotion in her purse.

BoilerUP said:
Today was a sh!tty day to commute, and that's all I want to say about it. I still have steam coming out of my ears.

Why, because of a crackdown on carry-ons?

We knew this was coming. When suicide is no problem, you get the Richard Reids of the world walking through the magnetometers with plastique. Boom.

I was displaced from the 777, and in a way I'm glad. You don't see many young Islamic males hanging out in the caribbean. Too much evil flesh, I guess.

And WHY does it always have to be AA among the targets? Because of the name? :angryfire

BoilerUP said:

Is the same thing being done in the US? I deadhead back from Paris tomorrow then to LGA for my flight home.

Latest resources

Back