Terror warning, keep your eyes out...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
exchexflyer said:
If you do a search on this guy, he is the same one who wrote the flamebait on "ASA TO FURLOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" You sound convincing in your narative, but your previous flamebait makes me think twice. By the way, I just got finished watching "Inside 911" On the National Geographic channel. It's very disturbing with no more info on the attacks, but more recordings from firefighters and police. Give us a flight number and a date!

I have verified that this did indeed happen, the date was yesterday, and for obvious reasons I am not going to list the flight number. Anyone that works for ASA can look it up in the morning reports. You can disbelieve it all you want, but this is the kind of thing that we all need to be looking for, on a daily basis. And this was an RJ, NOT a 767.

I will keep my eyes out for any middle easterner, indonesian, pakistani, indian, somalian, american muslim, black muslim, asian muslim, mexican muslim who have been in this country for under twenty years.

On a serious note, do you guys or gals tell the Flight attendant on your crew briefings what to look for?

With all this talk of male passengers of middle eastern descent, how would you, the airlines or flying public feel about a middle eastern pilot flying for a U.S. carrier. I've come across CFI's aspiring to be such, who were nice folks. Just wondering if they might have some difficulty attaining a flightdeck position because of thier appearance. Any experiences or stories you might care to share.

NYC Pilot,

You can not discriminate against an individual based on race, sex, gender, sexual orientation,..etc. I know of many middle easterner pilots who work for the same company as i do and they dont seem to have any problems. They are all US citizens and thus have the same rights as you and I in attaining a living.

On a serious note, do you guys or gals tell the Flight attendant on your crew briefings what to look for?

Just a yes or no will do. The capts that i have flown with dont ever mention anything..,,,,just curious.

I haven't had a captain tell the FA what to look for.

pookie said:
NYC Pilot,

You can not discriminate against an individual based on race, sex, gender, sexual orientation,..etc. I know of many middle easterner pilots who work for the same company as i do and they dont seem to have any problems. They are all US citizens and thus have the same rights as you and I in attaining a living.

Of course I am familiar with these statutes. I am neither insinuating nor suggesting that it should or does. As an open-minded and educated person living in New York City, I have befriended persons of many diverse cultures, etc. and recognize all of what you say. As I originally stated, the instructors I have come to know who were of mid-east descent were good people with the same aspiratiuons as everyone else here. Although it is against the law to discriminate, it does occur. I am merely asking whether any of you have encountered or witnessed bias treatment due to someone of middle eastern origin in particular.

As for the original post and the general sentiment here, it would seem that people of this origin are being prejudiced against. Post 9/11, many Seiks who are quite different from any Muslims were harshly treated and many times beat up in senseless acts of violence. Pure ignorance prevailed at this moment where people rushed to judge.

Ben Dover said:
Isn't it funny how we pick and choose which words offend us?

I mean no one's pissed that Chevy's (the restaurant) logo includes the phrase "Fresh Mex".

But imagine the uproar at something like "Benihana, Fresh Jap" or "Panda Express, Fresh Chink"

Now that is funny stuff!!! You're killing me over here, I fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard!!!!!!!

pookie said:
NYC Pilot,

You can not discriminate against an individual based on race, sex, gender, sexual orientation,..etc.

Like he!! you can't. Rephrase your "discriminate" to read "raise founded suspicion." Pretty well-developed profile of the terrorists that slammed innocent US CITIZENS into buildings and the ground. Say it with me: Sah Ood Ee. Argue your ACLU claptrap to one widow of the NYFD, junior.

I couldn't give less of a danm about the plight of US pilots with Mid-East pedigree; you ever hear about the Palestinian student-jokesters that were flying into the DFW Bravo and asked the SE sector approach controller, "Which bulding is the tallest?" Glad they got sent home. I'd be as nervous as a whore in church if I was here as a pilot, spoke Farsi, and called the oil fields "home," and I'd expect to get swatted in the nose if I complained one bit... regardless of my rights to attain a living. Guess what: They were all here under the pretense of training to exercise their rights to attaining a living that you and I do. North of 3,000 people were quietly exercising their rights to attaining a living almost 4 years ago, and I'll be danmed if a relative one of them would really shed a tear if a little "founded suspicion" hurt a citizen's feelings.

F the terrorists and f anybody that doesn't take this seriously. The issue is NOT liberals vs. conservatives (as stupefyingly stupid an argument that you can get into right now), it is NOT the protection of citizen's rights (Whoops! They can be terrorists, too!), it is NOT time for another Kum By Yah hugfest; it is time to NOT get complacent when jackholes are possibly looking for us to be so.

NYCPilot said:
With all this talk of male passengers of middle eastern descent, how would you, the airlines or flying public feel about a middle eastern pilot flying for a U.S. carrier. I've come across CFI's aspiring to be such, who were nice folks. Just wondering if they might have some difficulty attaining a flightdeck position because of thier appearance. Any experiences or stories you might care to share.

I ran across a CFI a couple of years ago that was in FLA flight school at the time of the attacks. He gleefully relayed a story to me about how he and his buddy, also of middle eastern decent had fun with the local TV stations following the attacks and how they interviewed with several reporters and used different names every time and that sort of thing. He brought that same attitude with him at his current job. I was a 121 furloughed corporate driver at the time. After his story I asked him why he would do something like that considering the world climate. He said because it was fun!

I think he gave up on flying, couldn't find a job, but I do not think it was because of his appearance.

There is having "fun" and there is being stupid.........I think he fell in the stupid catagory.

Latest resources

Back