Terror Alert

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ludicrous, Self-Agrandizing Absurdity

"Not FBI agents. Just airmen, some of whom lost friends on 09/11. Get over yourself."

Do you somehow imagine that I, having lived in NYC my entire life, losing both family and friends on Sept 11 '01, has somehow been magically infused with super-human good judgement as a result of such a tragedy?

Do you think you have been?

Or were you somehow specially selected to become inspired while the rest of us were not?

Your post ~ A CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF SELF-IMPORTANT OVER-IDENTIFICATION ~ not only insults the reality of what happened but makes you look like you're overwhelmed with the need to compete with others for association with tragedy.

Seek help.

AcroChik said:
"Not FBI agents. Just airmen, some of whom lost friends on 09/11. Get over yourself."

Do you somehow imagine that I, having lived in NYC my entire life, losing both family and friends on Sept 11 '01, has somehow been magically infused with super-human good judgement as a result of such a tragedy?

Do you think you have been?

Or were you somehow specially selected to become inspired while the rest of us were not?

Your post ~ A CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF SELF-IMPORTANT OVER-IDENTIFICATION ~ not only insults the reality of what happened but makes you look like you're overwhelmed with the need to compete with others for association with tragedy.

Seek help.

Very well said. I was thinking the same thing, but could never put it to words like you just did.

Tina Fey's Scar said:
I thought that memo was for law enforcement and other qualified parties only.......?

Memo's like that are originally disseminated to law enforcement and other parties. They then have the authority to disseminate to the public how they see fit. All FBI 'wanted' information is technically the same way. It is then usually prepared and modified for public release. The AOPA in this case even released the same information and I think their legal team know a LOT more about the proper way to release this information than any one person posting on this board.

And who cares if this terrorist has this flyer? What's he gonna do with it? He obviously was aware of the fact that is was discovered and has fled the country? Is the flyer gonna change what he does? NO!

It's Already All Over The Web!

As my dad used to say, "You can't put the s*** back into the donkey."

I have to admit to not having seen many documents of exactly this type. What impresses me about it is it's unprofessional quality.

The language seems unusually poor, even for a government publication. I see at least one typo, which is rare for highly edited government publications. Errors in published information can have wide-ranging legal consequences further down the road.

While there may be a specific sort of layout for this type of "advice," it does look amateurish.

I'm thinking that even the worst scanner would have rendered the name of the agency better (while leaving the body copy so clear?).

And then, there's no agency logo.

Isn't it the INS that determines if a person is or is not in the country illegally? I know agencies work together, but different agencies are tasked with determining different things.

The document says the man was born in Nigeria. I've never been to Nigeria, of course, but aren't people born there usually black?

Maybe it's possible we're hooting and hollering about just another internet rumor?

I'm not CLAIMING it's fake. I'm saying, truly, it's very hard for me to tell if it is real or isn't.

Last edited:
"I'm better than, 'cause I lost family members on 9-11"

It may truly be real, even looking that crappy. I've worked in the financial world, from banking to market complaince and have seen warnings and wanted notices issued many times before by local police, FBI and even the Secret Service. They almost always looked this crappy. That's why they are usually released to the public by each respective local agency on official letterhead and with certain information removed, like the SSN. (though if you want to steal his identity, go ahead, you'll have one heck of a suprise with the FBI and local SWAT show up for you!) It may be a fake, but it's definitely not the crappiest alert I've seen.

Oh and as for him being Nigerian, he's not really Nigerian. He's a British National born in Nigeria. So we don't know where he truly is 'from.' He was born there and the emmigrated to England. His parents or someone else further back in his family may have originally been one of the many foreigners in that country, plenty of whom are white as well.

Last edited:
Metro752 said:
qmaster3 got whacked recently, but I dont know why, does anyone know why?

I think he did the same as Cfrost and Flechas, rearranged a few words.

I'm buying a round when he gets back, 7 days in the island is just too much! :D

I don't see why dissemination of this is a problem - If they're looking for the guy, isn't more eyes helpful?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back