Terminated for Interviewing at JetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dangerkitty said:
Why? If he/she lives in an "At Will" State, he/she can be fired for any reason. A lawyer would do nothing except cost he/she money.

A call to a lawyer couldn't hurt. Usually initial consultations are free. And BTW, just because you can be "fired for any reason" does not mean you can't sue. Sexual harrassmant, age dscrimination, wrongful termination ...

Dangerkitty said:
flightinfo.com

Home of 29,000 Armchair Lawyers..

I'm not sure you should be giving legal advice yourself (such as "A lawyer would do nothing except cost he/she money.")

GogglesPisano said:
A call to a lawyer couldn't hurt. Usually initial consultations are free. And BTW, just because you can be "fired for any reason" does not mean you can't sue. Sexual harrassmant, age discrimination, wrongful termination ...

Sexual harrasement, age discrimination etc are all governed by federal law. NOT STATE LAW.Yes those are both illegal but the laws of the particular state has nothing to do with it. But I am sure you already knew that. :rolleyes:

In an "At will" work state wrongful termination does not exist. You can be fired for looking at someone wrong. Furthermore, "Wrongful termination" does not even belong in the same sentence as the other two crimes because they have nothing to do with each other.

GogglesPisano said:
I'm not sure you should be giving legal advice yourself (such as "A lawyer would do nothing except cost he/she money.")

Hey Goggles you dont even know me. How do you know I am not a lawyer?

Dangerkitty said:
In an "At will" work state wrongful termination does not exist. You can be fired for looking at someone wrong. Furthermore, "Wrongful termination" does not even belong in the same sentence as the other two crimes because they have nothing to do with each other. ?

Well. If that is, in fact, true then I sit corrected.

Still, initial consultations are usually free.

Sorry to hear it.

If your Avatar is accurate, it sounds like the typical d#$% head move by some weenie.

Same thing happened to me 15 years ago, was very lucky when the job offer came the next day.

Good luck

Dangerkitty said:
Hey Goggles you dont even know me. How do you know I am not a lawyer?

You are giving free advice on the internet ....

How did your company know you were interviewing?

Did you arrange days off for the interview, or use sick days?

flylears said:
Guys/Gals,

I am disappointed to report that I was let go from my flying job after serving five+ loyal years of service just for fulfulling a long term professional goal.

The good news is that I was fortunate enough to pass Phase I of the JetBlue interview process and presently waiting to hear the results of Phase II.

Can anyone of the many professional people on this board give me some advice on what to do in the meantime?

Thank You

Do you know for certain that you were fired for interviewing at JB? How did/do they know? Have you ever been disciplined by this company in the past? There are many things you need to have answered.

I would let the process at JB work as it is supposed to. I would suggest that you not try and intervene as this could easily cost you the opportunity at JB. Through the PRIA process you can find out exactly what your previous employer said about you. It is federally protected and any company that is fallicious is subject to criminal penalty and fines.

And to the guy who says that you have no leg to stand on in an "at will" State you do not know what you are talking about.

Juice

bluejuice787 said:
Through the PRIA process you can find out exactly what your previous employer said about you. It is federally protected and any company that is fallicious is subject to criminal penalty and fines.

A couple of points bluejuice:

First of all the PRIA only deals with Pilot Records and Performance as a Pilot. It has nothing to do with what a "previous employer said about you." If you will actually read the PRIA maybe you can find this out for yourself.

bluejuice787 said:
And to the guy who says that you have no leg to stand on in an "at will" State you do not know what you are talking about.

Juice

My best friend happens to be a Labor Attorney. I have heard Ad Nauseum the ills of living in an "At Will" state. Unless it is a Federal Crime, or you are unionized or working under a contract, you can be hired and fired "AT WILL" For anything. Thats what AT WILL means.

I do know what I am talking about. Sorry you can't say the same.

Dangerkitty said:
Why? If he/she lives in an "At Will" State, he/she can be fired for any reason. A lawyer would do nothing except cost he/she money.
You can get get a good "At Will" attorney at Wal Mart for about 275.00.

Latest resources

Back