• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ten Signs It's Time to Retire From the Fracs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think someone didn't get upgraded at the Crowne Plaza TEB last night.

Seriously, don't sweat it. Its the same view, and the hospitality hour food is the same.

#Whatever: when your company puts you in the Hazmat Heights Holiday Inn because it's cheaper than everything else...and you like it!

I love hearing all you young punks whine about guys like me hogging all your opportunities.

Back when I was FE on the good ol' 707, and you was still a gleam in your grandpappy's eye, I was out there putting it all on the line to help build this industry.

So I may have lost a step or two in the last fifty years. So what?

So I don't always do what that dang RA thing says I'm supposed to. So what if I have to get up and hit the head three times on a two hour leg? So what if it takes me an hour to send in my actuals on that dang whatchamajig? So what if I doze off over there without warning?

And what if I can't lift anything heavier than ten pounds over my head? What about it, hmm? Like it's my fault these rich punks can't figure out how to pack.

So what if I'm totally useless on the last day of a sixer? So what if I still can't figure out how to work that dang whatchamacallit with all them little buttons on it? So what if I throw a tantrum when the company changes the trip on me?

I earned the right to be here.

Just wish I would've save a little now and then.

Yeah, Dooker's friggin hilarious!

Wait....wait...

Sensors indicate sarcasm.

Or, that fob727 would be on multiple "Do Not Fly With" lists.

You know, the funny part was my father was a 707 F/E back in the day, and over his career, got his pension taken away, his income slashed in half, his days off reduced, and when he turned 60, I asked him if he was going back to the panel...

You know what he said, "Nah, I'd just be taking some young guys' seat."

Wait....wait...

Sensors indicate sarcasm.

Or, that fob727 would be on multiple "Do Not Fly With" lists.

You know, the funny part was my father was a 707 F/E back in the day, and over his career, got his pension taken away, his income slashed in half, his days off reduced, and when he turned 60, I asked him if he was going back to the panel...

You know what he said, "Nah, I'd just be taking some young guys' seat."

Good for your dad. He must not have been a profligate waster of money and marriages or both.

There's an art to living within your means, and I swear half the ancient ones I've flown with never seemed to have mastered it. It's like their expectations of the mythical airline pilot lifestyle never seemed to fall in line with the more mundane economic realities that hit the industry post-deregulation.

They all seem to have one or more of the following:

a: multiple marriages
b. huge houses, usually on lakes, despite their nests being empty
c. large boats
d. multiple motorcycles

Now they're paying for it. And paying and paying and paying.

As are many Americans, I might add.

What's funny is that one day Dooker's "old lady" will get tired of his BS, and then he'll be in the same position as the pilots he's b#tching about.

As for the N.F.L., maybe; but I seriously doubt it. "Back in the day", a check airmen told me the sharpest pilots are the easiest to get along with.

I love hearing all you young punks whine about guys like me hogging all your opportunities.

Back when I was FE on the good ol' 707, and you was still a gleam in your grandpappy's eye, I was out there putting it all on the line to help build this industry.

So I may have lost a step or two in the last fifty years. So what?

So I don't always do what that dang RA thing says I'm supposed to. So what if I have to get up and hit the head three times on a two hour leg? So what if it takes me an hour to send in my actuals on that dang whatchamajig? So what if I doze off over there without warning?

And what if I can't lift anything heavier than ten pounds over my head? What about it, hmm? Like it's my fault these rich punks can't figure out how to pack.

So what if I'm totally useless on the last day of a sixer? So what if I still can't figure out how to work that dang whatchamacallit with all them little buttons on it? So what if I throw a tantrum when the company changes the trip on me?

I earned the right to be here.

Just wish I would've save a little now and then.

Yeah, Dooker's friggin hilarious!

:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Latest resources

Back