Tell me about Mesa....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BoilerUP said:
Nope - and seriously, I won't bash Mesa. That horse is quite dead by now, and I intend to support the MAG group during their negotiations in 2007. Believe me when I say all eyes in this industry will be on them.

MAG pilots gave ALOT to scope Freedom in their 2003 contract (which was an improvement over what they had!), and many on this board seem to ignore this. I don't think MAG pilots accepted a crappy contract so they could gain growth - I think they did it to ensure their jobs didn't go to Freedom, ala Go Jet. Yes, their contract has had a negative effect on everybody else who has had negotiations since then, but I think that pilot group is so pissed off they would strike JO out of principal if nothing else.

Time will tell...

Finally, someone who gets it. The general consensus with MAG pilots is "fix it or burn it down." Thanks for your support!

Boiler, I diddn't mean to imply that you are a Mesa basher. I support MAG and you are correct, all eyes will be on them.

What I meant was do you have any relation to JB or know of a person who goes by keri2000?

I put chituaqua in the same boat as mesa. Lets go work for both and be hated.

Yeah it is getting bad here. Things are spiraling down like a 152 in a spin! I am getting that ole resume warmed up.

What I love is that when I started, Chitaqua was the one that everyone was lamenting . . . lowering the bar whatever . . . . I don't even remember those days barely becasue then we all started hating Mesa . . . then that was outdone by Freedom . . . and now we've forgotton about all of those and are on an anti-G-Jets campaign . . . . then there's GO and a bunch of other crap. Just when I thought we couldn't hate anybody else, somebody else comes along and out-does everybody else. If we get to the point where we forget all this G-Jet bashing because they were outdone by [insert name], then it will be the end of the world. :)

Mesa is like watching a a train wreck in slow motion. The operation consists of a role similar to fire-fighting: a small fire errupts- they put it out.. then another starts over here.. then there.. Its obvious they do not PREVENT these fires and battle it on a daily basis....forever!

aside from all this, here's the facts: lowest days off a month (8), lowest pay of the big regionals, and one of the few with no block or better (a normal 2 hour flight NY to Chicago, but delays cause it to be 4 hours, you only get paid 2 hours).

If you only knew how much time is spent by airlines waiting on the ground, that's a lot of loss pay right there! I mean a lot!!!

Quality of life is worth more than any regional can pay you also! Believe me on this one! Don't go necessarily where the upgrade is fast and you can fly what your looking to fly. Go where you can enjoy your life, feel appreciated and work with people who actually enjoy going to work! I made the mistake of not doing so and I'm stuck now! Don't make the same mistake most of us made!

Latest resources

Back