Tell me about Mesa....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kingair1181

I have an inteview with Mesa here soon and I have heard mixed reviews on them. Some say it's one of the worst regionals out there, QOL sucks, horrible Mgmt, ect. well other tell me that it's a good regional, fast upgrade time to Capt (around 24 months) pay is about average ect. So which one is it? How's the QOL, pay, upgrade time, MX, Mgmt, ect. Do they pay during training? Junior bases? What else is there to know... thanks.

Incoming!!!! :bomb:

fourth response - whats the over/under on this thread?

I won't bash Mesa - there are plenty of others on here that will do that.

KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING YOURSELF INTO.

I work at mesa and will tell you now, don't come here it is a nightmare in progress and getting worse as the pilots are in a tug of war with mgt. You will never be home, work to the max and get screwed pay out of it all. 1 year left before contract is up and I see a strike on the horizon so you would be the new pilot we would let get laid off to make things better. Would I let them lay you off to make things better, you bet! Nothing is worth this garbage.

Also as for the quick upgrade it is dying off now with no growth and instead I see a reduction in flying as we tick off our codeshares with all the crew, mx, cancellations we have had. Even if you do upgrade good luck, every one is new in every dept. and you become a micro-manager for everything and when someone messes up it is your fault. I do mean everything, including ramp and gate agents to operational issues. No one wants to take responsibilty and leave it to you to figure it out!!!! After a few months you just want to quit and go somewhere that actually backs you up and gets some real paid people that know what they are doing.

Last edited:
flysafe said:
Dont do it!

I disagree. If you put in an application to a company before doing some research on them first first, I say you should take the job if offered it.

Last edited:
BoilerUP said:

Got another screename do ya Boiler?

BoilerUP said:

I'll call the point at 6 pages of crap and take the over. Who want's some of that action? Plus there will be a blue windbreaker comment thrown in somewhere for a bonus.

Gofish said:
Got another screename do ya Boiler?

Nope - and seriously, I won't bash Mesa. That horse is quite dead by now, and I intend to support the MAG group during their negotiations in 2007. Believe me when I say all eyes in this industry will be on them.

MAG pilots gave ALOT to scope Freedom in their 2003 contract (which was an improvement over what they had!), and many on this board seem to ignore this. I don't think MAG pilots accepted a crappy contract so they could gain growth - I think they did it to ensure their jobs didn't go to Freedom, ala Go Jet. Yes, their contract has had a negative effect on everybody else who has had negotiations since then, but I think that pilot group is so pissed off they would strike JO out of principal if nothing else.

Time will tell...

haha, I want to wear the purple windbreaker too. NOTTTTTTT.
Oh ya, there the best regional out there if you like to be treated like cosby kids and flushed down the tube

Latest resources

Back