Telex 850 in CRJ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Spinplate

Has anyone used this headset in the CRJ? Do you need to wear earplugs with it even though its ANR? I have ENC David Clarks....should I just stick with these? Thank you!

I also tried the 850 on the CRJ and found very little noise attenuation. I returned it and got my $450 dollars back! Not worth the money.

Telex 850 ANR won't work in the CRJ unless you leave the mic hot. It's really irritating to both pilots at cruise with that hiss in the background from a hot mic. Once you switch the mic off, the ANR loses power and the jet noise comes back. Frustrating!

beech1900kid said:
Telex 850 ANR won't work in the CRJ unless you leave the mic hot. It's really irritating to both pilots at cruise with that hiss in the background from a hot mic. Once you switch the mic off, the ANR loses power and the jet noise comes back. Frustrating!

Not true, the ANR still receives power with the "hot mic" off. The jack is still powered, just not "Transmitting" when turned off.

The CRJ isnt that loud to begin with. I use a 750 and the only time its even a little noisy is when your fast at lower altitudes i.e. FL180 and 300-320 kts.

The 850 got rid of all of the static from the headset. I couldn't hear a difference between when I had the mic on or off (although the captains definatly could). The 850 did not cut out any of the wind noise. It sounds as if you are not wearing a headset at all.

The 750 with comfortable earplugs is the best way to go in the CRJ.

Also Tried The 85o And Had The Same Problems Loud Not That Comfortable (big Ears) And Found It Difficult To Tune The Volumes For Atc And Captain. I Spent The Extra Money On The Bose And Havent Looked Back.

Latest resources

Back