• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ted Stevens-Age 65 Champion-Hero to Zero

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ted will continue his service in the pen. He will have the same status as "father gagen" and will be used for shank stabbing practice. I for one will cheer when his slimy blood is washed down the shower drain and he is placed in the ground, I do hope the embalmer puts a stake through his heart so he cannot come back to life.
PBR

Or you could admit that the bulk of the pain the pilot profession is going through currently has nothing to do with Age65.

Good point , but it would take all the fun out of the grade school whining that most pilots do.

Or you could admit that the bulk of the pain the pilot profession is going through currently has nothing to do with Age65.

Let me guess, you are a happy 61 year old airline pilot? It's great that you have DC-3 time and you can remember the good-ole days. Quit being a roadblock for others and get back to the golf course old man!

Now, back to the original topic...

Wow, some of you people are vicious. Because you disagree with him on age 65, you want him to be raped in prison. That's pretty harsh. :nuts:

No- it has to do w/ disunity- which is where age 65 came from;
You guys looked out for #1- agreed to b-scales for your own good- outsourcing of jobs while guys were being placed on furlough in order to save your jobs.... Now there are a ton of pilots at sub-standard wages willing to accept the 'step-up' wages from competitors known as WN ,JBlu and today VA- all putting downward pressure on your own wages. Now bk's come and the contracts you set your life up on get decimated b/c of the short sighted decisions you've been making for 15-20 years. (I'll include voting republican in that stack) Now it's POOR ME- i HAVE TO KEEP WORKING!!!
IT"S NOT MY FAULT. I've provided the example that I must look out for myself first and the industry second.
But it's NOT MY FAULT!!! Maybe if i yell it loudly you won't keep pointing at my lack of integrity. EVERYBODY WAS DOING IT!!!

It's unionism 101- Unions don't work unless the older generation takes care of and sets up the next. Looking out for the junior sends so many messages to management. Looking out for the senior tells them you have a price at which you will sell out.

Let me guess, you are a happy 61 year old airline pilot? It's great that you have DC-3 time and you can remember the good-ole days. Quit being a roadblock for others and get back to the golf course old man!

Now, back to the original topic...

Nope. Early 40's, facing a 40% paycut and downgrade to FO and I was supporting a change to age 60 for over 10 years while still a junior F/O.

The fact that the day after the age change was passed and smoldering wreckage of doomed flights piloted by someone over 60 wasn't strewn from coast to coast proves that the rule was ridiculous. 65 works for now, but if the aggregate health of people improves in the future, it will be time to reevaluate it again. Since it took 49 years to move the retirement age 5 years, I would guess I'll be long gone before it makes another significant jump.

BTW- In an effort to mitigate this decision and bring some semblance of unity back to the generations=
The new payscales i propose:
year 12-189/hour
age 60- 180/hour
age 61- 170/hour
age 62- 160/hour
age 63- 150/hour
age 64- 140/hour
age 65- retire!

cost neutral to company as all proceeds spread evenly among FO's after a 1st year pay increase to $65/hour.

It's a win-win- you get to keep working, we get an increase in pay to compensate for the stagnation at all levels.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back