• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ted Stevens-Age 65 Champion-Hero to Zero

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, but how many folks went through furloughs with age 60 in place? Would they be better off with an additional 5 years to recoup or not?

I would like to see what % of pilots have chosen to remain after 60 so far.

Career progressions and regressions depend on much more than attrition.

A large amount at my airline. Over 90%. NO matter how you look at this there is a price someone has to pay...its just a matter of who.

As to your comment on career progressions and regressions, what exactly is much more more than attrition? Is it the rapid expansion of the airlines you see today? Is there going to be a huge virus that wipes out many of us? Pray tell, what is going to advance people in this profession right now or in the next decade other than attrition??? Please.

I also highly doubt you were some big 65 supporter when you were in your early thirties. It makes no sense because it wasn't even an issue back then. Have some integrity. Look what sr captains were hauling in 10 years ago. Pensions were intact and the market was humming along. I am sure you were up front yelling that they should get to stay another 5 years. You would have had your a$$ beat by the age 60s back then if they heard you utter your sorry age 65 garbage.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back