Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kingairrick

Rare user
Going to TEB next week for the first time. Any advice from the old timers? (FBO, extra fuel for the taxi time, ect..)

Jet Aviation has a very nice facility. Plan an hour delay for departure, they are geting worse all the time (departure delays, not FBO delays).

If you want a great meal (Steaks, seafood and such) go to Segovia's, any of the FBO's will be able to get you there, it is well known.

If you do the ILS 6 into TEB there is a MANDATORY 1500 ft crossing restriction at Dandy Intersection. You MUST be at 1500 ft here, IF YOU FOLLOW THE GLIDE SLOPE DOWN FROM 2000 ft YOU WILL NOT MAKE THE RESTRICTION! You will be too high, and they will NOT like that! Once you are inside of Vings Intersection and established (and cleared for the approach) decend without delay to 1500 ft, then capture the glide slope while you are at 1500 ft and ride it down.

Hope this helps!

Good Luck!

It's been a few months now.

Milion Air was supposed to build a new hangar/FBO, but I don't know if they even started to build it yet.

The most "posh" FBO is at the south end of the field, Jet Aviation. First, Million Air, Signature, and Atlantic seem cramped by comparison.

I never had a taxi fuel problem, but don't start until told to do so unless you like to burn fuel needlessly. Be loaded and have the door closed, ready for taxi. The atis has the details.

IMPORTANT: If you have never flown the TEB departures, study them now. Newark traffic flies overhead, and the level-off altitudes over TEB are gospel for pilots. When you are handed off to NY from TEB you will find them BUSY. Stick your nose in when you can, and then wait for instructions on your assigned altitude and heading. The TEB five is the common departure, and you can request the Dalton departure when you use 19 for takeoff.

This is out of order, but a word on arrivals:

The most common way of getting in is the VOR DME A appraoch that starts at WANES. Make sure you promptly step down to those altitudes as shown in the profile. Most of the time, this approach leads to a left overhead downwind for 19 or 24. Ususally, they want 1500 feet after CLIFFO.

Get to know the placement of the various VORS and intesections that are used as fixes for the departures. NY will rattle these off like you know them, so know them before you go.

STUDY THE PLACEMENT OF NOISE SENSORS. There is a chart from the port authority for this. We always used a maximum performance takeoff to the level off altitude, and pulled the power way back as we pushed the nose over to stay away from the sensors. They WILL fine you via tail number, and after a couple of times, you are banned from the airport. No kiddin'.

Anything else anyone can add?

Thats great advice from Falcon Capt and Timebuilder. Study your approaches and SIDS prior to your flight. That will make you flight less stressful.

As Falcon said, departure delays are routine, especially between 3-6PM. Throw in some weather and be ready to sit a while. If you have a hand held radio, bring it with you. That way if you get a gate hold you won't have to waste the aircraft battery listening for a start time (or worry about a GPU from the FBO).

ATC is sharp and helpful, but when workloads increase they may not have the time (or patience) to give assitance to the simple things.

If you're RON, I'd suggest one of the hotels in Secaucus. Most FBO's will take you. You have several hotels too choose from, Hampton, Embassy, Holiday Inn, etc. More important, if you don't have wheels, there are a host of restaurants and theatres there. If you have time to go into the city, there is a bus stop right by Outback. Something like $2-3 for a ticket to Time Square.

We use Jet Aviation as well. Great facility, snooze room, weight room, etc. Plus it has the best darn coffee / maker in use today. (I looked into buy one for personal use.....over $1000 for the maker alone!....needless to say, I'm still using my Krups.)

Have a great trip and enjoy the experience!

2000Flyer

Timebuilder said:
STUDY THE PLACEMENT OF NOISE SENSORS.

I have flown out out TEB about every week for the last 5 years and I have no clue where the noise sensors are. :D :D
If you are thinking ahead (in a jet), you are pulling the power back long before the 1500' point on the TEB5 in order to level off.

Study the TEB5 departure from runway 1.

Good advise from NJA, also be careful about accepting departures out of TEB. The Dalton Departure is not in the Jepps. It is a local vfr departure offf of 19. All the FBOs should have a copy of it. DO NOT accept this departure without a copy of it in your aircraft. Several pilots have been violated because they did that and busted the vertical limits of the departure.

One of our planes was facing being banned from TEB, so all of us had a good brifing on the sensors. I think First has a card available at the desk that shows where they are.

If you are thinking ahead (in a jet), you are pulling the power back long before the 1500' point on the TEB5 in order to level off.

I thought I said that. I wasn't trying to say that you wait until you reach 1500 to begin reducing power. It's process that is already in progress as you level off. My bad if I didn't accurately communicate that.

My copy of the Dalton is in my Jepps, page 10-3B.

TEB....

I am bias of course, amongst other things, but Jet Aviation DOES have the best looking women behind the counter! Sorry to offend but...
Also there is a noise monitor located about 1.5 miles off RWY24. On about a 255 heading. It sits on the ridgeline to the SW. I would highly suggest using the 19 Dalton Departure if unsure how quiet you can be, until you become familiar on the surroundings. If you get 3 letters, the N# is banned forever! If you have less then three, every 24 months, one letter will drop from the file. The decibel level differs early in the morning and later on at night.

Agreed with above. Study the STARs, DPs, and ILS 6. The DANDY restriction Falcon Capt mentioned has bitten a lot of people and if you don't do it right they WILL chew you a new one. On the DP, note the headings and altitudes; they're complicated. Preferred configuration up there is land 6, depart 1. I've used MillionAir and Atlantic ... the MillionAir facility is impossibly cramped, but has the cheapest fuel generally. Atlantic is a little better facility-wise. Understand Jet has the nicest facility but have never visited. I do know Jet is the only place that doesn't have a ramp about half the size they need. Nail assigned headings and alts (remember EWR is only 10 miles away) and listen up and you'll be fine.

Or do what we do ... go to EWR instead.

R

Latest resources

Back