• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TEB Questions...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
k now that all have basically said keep your head on a swivel and get a good feel ........i will add one more thing to the brew ..........speed speed speed ..do not get above 200 kts i will repeat do not get above 200 kts on the climb they will bust ya bigger n dallas..no kiddin its class c underlyin a class b

take care

TEB questions...

My experience with TEB FBO's has been with Jet, and thus far, it has been very good. When I have called ahead, regardless of weather, they have attacked our planes like a Nascar pit crew. The ground crew appreciates tips!

As stated previously, know the approach and departure procedures because it will be fast and furious! I have waited 1-2 hours for a start-up time. When departing and handed off to NY Center don't even expect them to call you. Just follow the dep. proc. and they will get to you...The pilots lounge at Jet is very nice. Enjoy the education!

Radiohofo

Noise Sensors...

If you can't find that card, think about this.

When you do that very common overhead to a left downwind for 24 and 19, be aware that the hospital north of the field supposedly has a noise sensor on its roof. Don't let yourself get too low too soon and have to add power as you pass the hospital at a low altitude. Stay high enough on base to execute a normal glide path to the runway, and be aware of the displaced threshold. This way you can set your normal, lower power setting for your configured aircraft and avoid adding any power near that sensor, and therefore trigger the noise alert.

Out of 50 trips into TEB, I think we used the ILS 6 only four times. You really do have to watch that altitude when you approach from the south, as they are so busy that they can put you on the ILS at the last minute, and it's still up to you to meet the altitude restrictions. Do a good crew briefing before you reach flat rock. :)

Last edited:
Check your notams

I'm based it TEB and I'd agree with most of what everyone said. Its not a hard airport, you just need to pay attention and the controllers are generally very clear on what they expect.

Check your notams though....ILS 6 is out for a couple months so if you they are landing 6 you'll most likely be doing the VOR 6 or the RNAV/GPS 6 so plan accordingly if the weather is poor.

The only thing good about that dump (TEB) is Steves Sizzlin Steaks.

Atlantic actually......the "working man's" FBO. They are going to remodeling very soon as well.

I always liked Atlantic. It was the first FBO at TEB that I ever used, back in my Navajo days. The counter personnel were always good to us, even sharing a wonderful plate of fresh catering when a flight had been cancelled. Real jewish ryebread with roast beef and thousand island dressing. Yum!!

I always got in a game of pool whenever I could, and I enjoyed the constant activity and interesting people I met there.

I miss it.

Everyone has good points. As far as leaving...leave before 2:30pm and you will be able to avoid any long delays (still expect 10-15 minutes of waiting). If your pax can't do that, just warn them of what to expect. The longest delay I've had there was 2 hours...and that was just before 5pm. Something good did come from that delay though...the pax ALWAYS make it back before 3pm now!!

There is a good diner with rice pudding that is just across from Flightsafety.

Have a good trip!

Latest resources

Back