tdturbo strikes again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wmuflyguy said:
Then the airmet isnt even an issue. The Ice airmet will be issued, and give location of freezing levels and say you'll get ice in clouds and precip from freezing level to some other altitude.

Oh well this whole thread is pointless, i am now dumber for having replied. keep beating the dead horse....it is almost fog food

Exactly, so flying with an active airmet doesn't mean you're grounded. My point.

My God some people are thick.

Are you getting this Phil?

BTW Phil, ipilot isn't a student pilot forum, most on that thread have been flying more than 20 years, you got that info from avbug not me.

There is a special website called studentpilot.com, I don't post there as it relates to this subject.

Last edited:
avbug said:
Ice is a fact of life in the west, too. Much of the year round due to hills and associated wx.

avbug,

In some of that "life" out west you are absolutely correct. I don't think you can make that same argument when comparing say San Diego to Cleveland, Los Angeles to Detroit, Tampa to Chicago, etc, (as I meant)..I think you get the jist of what I was referring to. I should have probably been a little more specific when I made that statement. The mountain areas and other regions out west it is also a given that ice is a fact of life, I can't argue that with you.

c h e e r s

3 5 0

After reading this whole back and forth rant, I've come to one conclusion. And that is, don't even place yourself in a situation that can get you killed.

The last thing we need (that really hasn't been discussed much) is someone going up in a situation and surviving, only to say "Hey, that wasn't so bad". So the next time they go back to the old "But it wasn't that bad last time". And the next thing you know, someone rips the wings off a 182 diving to get airpseed after picking up ice that wasn't reported to be that bad.

rchcfi said:
After reading this whole back and forth rant, I've come to one conclusion. And that is, don't even place yourself in a situation that can get you killed.

Then I suggest you stay on the ground in a shelter, everytime you fly, drive, walk across the street, take a bath, ect............You put yourself in situations that can get you killed. If I lived like that I would miss out on what life is all about, enjoying it.

To you're credit, I am sure you meant to say, "don't take unecessary risks".

Correct me if I am wrong.

Even then, you still will miss out, there are a lot of sky divers on this site, I think that qualifies as an "unecessary risk".

To each his own!

That's funny, I just noticed you're sig, "What me worry". Telling indeed.

Even then, you still will miss out, there are a lot of sky divers on this site, I think that qualifies as an "unecessary risk".

To each his own!

Spoken like a true, uninformed wuffo. What risk?

Exactly, so flying with an active airmet doesn't mean you're grounded. My point.

My God some people are thick.

Your point, if you're counting disinformation and incorrect concepts. If conditions exist that are known to be conducive to the formation of ice, for regulatory purposes, you have known ice. If you have an airmet warning of ice, you have known ice. If you have a pirep of ice, you have known ice. If conditions exist which might cause ice, you have known ice.

But you're right...you are thick.

BTW Phil, ipilot isn't a student pilot forum, most on that thread have been flying more than 20 years, you got that info from avbug not me.

Again, td, lying doesn't become us, does it? That tidbit didn't come from me, it came from you, and it's wrong. Ipilot is indeed a forum populated largely by student pilots, prospective pilots, and private pilots...and it's generally a congenial place that is a good environment for those that visit. Your brand of poison only polutes it, just as you do here. You just happened to go over there recently to suggest how ignorant and unprofessional all posters on flightinfo are. You've done the same thing here, to the folks there. Seems that everybody suits your purpose for a time, and then you defecate on them, too.

There is a special website called studentpilot.com, I don't post there.

Oh, but you surely did, for quite some time, didn't you?

Spoken like a true, uninformed wuffo. What risk?

See the post about the guy who was killed when he collided with the plane he jumped out of.

wmuflyguy said:
See the post about the guy who was killed when he collided with the plane he jumped out of.

There is no risk in skydiving, it's perfectly safe, just ask avbug. Then tell that to the hundreds/thousands killed doing it because it was "necessary" to jump.

AB has deteriorated to ridiculous retorts of meritless banter.

You made your bed AB, now sleep in it.

I rest my case.

Goodnight AB, I love you too. ;)

phil said:
The context is suggesting to student pilots that it's ok to intentionally fly during an airment into known icing conditions in a plane unequiped for it. The appropriate response is it is not ok-stay grounded, do not suggest to GA pilots that it is an advisable thing to do when it is known in advance that iceing conditions exist. I still don't think he gets it. It is a big deal. But I agree, nuff said.
The first time I got ice on a non-known icing certified plane by accident, I had some deep thinking to do.

First, I thought the best thing to do was to pull the power back to idle and kick a rudder once the stall horn sounded, but then I said to myself, "nah...I got 36 car payments to make!"

What were we talking about?

I hate to be the one to say it but go ahead TDTurbo, go fly your mighty 182 into icing conditions. Flaunt the reg's and learn as much as you can about "airflow degredation" with your 10,000 hour CFI. Go forth and load up you new Twin Star with ice so it looks like a popsicle as it falls out of the sky. You obviously know more than anybody who posts info that might one day save your life on these and other message boards. Just make sure to let everybody who might share the airspace around you know when you intend to do it so we all can steer clear of the area.

Yeah, I know I may sound cynical, but some people never learn, and we all get to read the ensuing accident report that follows....................

For the rest of you, fly legal, fly safe, and enjoy the gift of flight.........

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back