• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tale from Go Jet jumpseat!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyHItoo: Your links are in no way backing up what you said.

The first link is telling about all the companies that they are trying to get on board. This is months and months old. besides, the ones they are actually negotiating for have links to other pages. The g0 jet name isn't a link, so it doesn't seem they have done anything for months and months.

Your second link is only this:
Go-Pilots Seek Teamsters Representation! November 9, 2005

Union expects Election at Regional Carrier. Teamsters Local Union 618 announced today that it expects the National Mediation Board (NME) to order a representation election for the Pilots of Go-Jet Airlines soon, in response to the pilots request.

The overwhelming majority of Go-Jet Pilots have expressed their desire to join the Teamsters said Dan Heumann, Local 618 President. We're confident that the NMB will give them the opportunity to form their Union with us soon.

The Teamsters filed for representation with NMB on September 15th the date Go-Jet flew it's first revenue generating flight. A single carrier petition was filed by another union soon after, the Teamsters believe this petition will be dismissed. "The clear majority of pilots are in favor of becoming Teamsters said Don Treichler, Director of the Teamsters Airline Division." We're working to help them join the union."
"We expect to achieve a fair and equitable agreement for the pilots, in order to enhance their careers and to help provide a foundation for the growth of the company", Heumann said.

So you put those links out there so maybe no one will go there. and you put out statements like:
This ruling by the board confirms that these are to seperate companies and that the GJ pilots may organize with whatever uion that they want

If the NMB actually rules that these are two seperate companies, it will be a crime. G0jet damages an airplane, so for a month or so, we are given the flying until they get the plane fixed! If Skywest couldn't cover one of thier routes, would TSA get the flying for a month?

And if TSH can do this, then what is going to stop them from getting more 700's and "transfering" our 145 flying over to G0jet?

And do you actually have a link to the NMB website or is it all crap from the teamsters website, which has nothing from DEC 21ST 2005.

Don't try to defend your actions and your lies. We all know the true story.

Last edited:
It is a shame we can't merge our pilot groups on our own right now. GJ guys, don't you know that we're about to start negotiations here? Think about how much leverage we would have right mnow if you guys joined us.

Don't you think the company will do the same things to you? They may play nice right now but I am sure that it will not last.

To the GoJ*t pilots (holier than thou), quick to pass blame to TSA pilots...Let me remid you...
"He who is without sin, throw the first stone...." ~Jesus Christ

Last edited:
redbook said:
If you don't work there, then keep proving you are just a message board ass*ole.

Gee, and I thought you and I had nothing in common. :rolleyes:

Your witty insightfulness is something we couldn't possibly do without.

DirkkDiggler said:
I've never understood people who can't comprehend the idea of jumpseating on an airline they don't like. Say you are commuting to and from Chicago for 5 years. Every day you've flown on an Air Wisconsin flight because that is who United has contracted with to fly that route. Then all of a sudden, United cancels the contract and sells it to GJ's. You still need to get home and to work every week. Are you really suggesting that these guys avoid jumpseating on GJ's just because they don't like them. The way I see it, they'd only be hurting themselves and their families. How does GJ's or any other airline profit financially from carrying jumpseaters? What financial (or otherwise) punishement is it to GJ's if we all stop jumpseating on them? This is probably the dumbest argument I've ever heard (the one about jumpseating on GJ's) You do what you've got to do to get to work and get home. It's not the same as going to work for them!

No, I suggest that people quit whining and badmouthing each other ('s airlines).
The way I see it, all regional airlines are in the same position. They all pay sub-par wages, for F/Os at least, and you guys crying about GJ being worse than Mesaba, or Mesa, or whatever regional airline name you'd like to fill in, isn't solving the problem at all.

So-quit setting a double standard.
Because I'm pretty sure the guys working at GJ, for whatever reason that maybe, needs to make a living, too-just like the guys trying to jumpseat home needs to do it for financial reasons.

I for one, think that if ALPA would have fought to bring mainline and regional pilots together, would have been a step in the right direction.
Instead, ALPA did management a favour by pitting the two pilot groups against each other.

EHE2 said:
To the GoJ*t pilots (holier than thou), quick to pass blame to TSA pilots...Let me remid you...
"He who is without sin, throw the first stone...." ~Jesus Christ

Jesus said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

So I cast that MFer!!

Skippy said:
No worries mate, if I'm not scared, you shouldnt be either!

SKIPPY

I'm not scared. I'd like to be a step ahead of Dr. Evil and his henchmen at the STC. Their worst case scenario is for us to join with the alter ego pilots and negotiate together. They are betting on ill will protecting them. I say that this is business and we do what is necessary to protect out interests, even if its a bitter pill to swallow.

Latest resources

Back