• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tale from Go Jet jumpseat!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Remember to the company......we are NOT co-workers but seperate companies.

Yeah......of course we are.......

h25b said:
Actually having many family members in the medical profession I beg to differ. However, the insurance companies do it for them. When one medical group's rates get too high the insurance companies start altering the networks, changing the formularies, etc...

So what's your point ??? Do you really think the "shiny new" syndrome is characteristic of only one group of pilots ? How about the Comair concessions for jets ? (that really worked out great)

You post like the g0jet scum you defend. WHo is talking about Comair? Bring in any other issue except the relevant one. But hey what would expect from a guy who said he would undercut his fellow pilots in a previous post a few days ago. Stop lecturing so much, Mr. "formularies"

You are so spineless, no wonder you would gladly work at g0jet.

h25b said:
Just curious as to what other professions you believe would allow employees to act like children or verbally insult other co-workers without it resulting in termination ? None that I can think of, at least not in today's politically correct world. Especially in a profession that transports the general public at 35,000 ft. How would you like your surgeons arguing with each other while getting ready to slice you open ??? :rolleyes:

Let me see if I understand you correctly:
If your F/O tells you on a private conversation at work that such and such (from a different company who has stabbed you in the back) is in a-hole, then you turn around and ask your boss to fire him because of that?????

TSA145 said:
Let me see if I understand you correctly:
If your F/O tells you on a private conversation at work that such and such (from a different company who has stabbed you in the back) is in a-hole, then you turn around and ask your boss to fire him because of that?????

Do whatever you want, I'm just saying that it is not all that uncommon to get your a$$ fired for just being a jerk. I understand this is a difficult concept to grasp for an average union goon. Like the other guy said, it's typically smarter to just let your MEC fight your battles.

redbook said:
But hey what would expect from a guy who said he would undercut his fellow pilots in a previous post a few days ago. Stop lecturing so much, Mr. "formularies"

You are so spineless, no wonder you would gladly work at g0jet.

I knew you'd be here soon to save the day...

Last edited:
I was merely making the point that union pilots have this incredibly naive notion that they are somehow immune to the expectations of your typical workplace. I don't care where you work, but if you decide to start being a jerk to fellow workers or anyone else for that matter you can reasonably expect to be shown the door.

h25b said:
Do whatever you want, I'm just saying that it is not all that uncommon to get your a$$ fired for just being a jerk. I understand this is a difficult concept to grasp for an average union goon. Like the other guy said, it's typically smarter to just let your MEC fight your battles.

Why the farkin' arrogant, conceited attitude? It must be really wonderful high up there, having never called somebody else you've worked with an a**hole. The pilot is letting his MEC fight his battles. He made an offhand comment about somebody who is negatively affecting his pay and QOL (that he thought was made in confidence) and could be terminated because of that? When did people grow manginas and quit speaking up when they were offended? Why tattle on a coworker???

It must be nice not to have to lower yourself into the slum of organized labor. :rolleyes:

BoilerUP said:
Why the farkin' arrogant, conceited attitude? It must be really wonderful high up there, having never called somebody else you've worked with an a**hole. The pilot is letting his MEC fight his battles. He made an offhand comment about somebody who is negatively affecting his pay and QOL (that he thought was made in confidence) and could be terminated because of that? When did people grow manginas and quit speaking up when they were offended? Why tattle on a coworker???

It must be nice not to have to lower yourself into the slum of organized labor. :rolleyes:

To the casual observer, it probably could be misunderstood as a "slum." Please fill me in on exactly what I said that was incorrect... Not what you disagree with, but exactly what I said that is factually incorrect.

As far as I can tell, we have a super hypocrite starting a thread that: (1) made up this entire BS story, (2) doesn't mind putting himself in to a supposed unsafe environment, & (3) doesn't mind putting his personal diifferences aside for a free ride home... NICE...

Last edited:
h25b said:
To the casual observer, it probably could be misunderstood as a "slum." Please fill me in on exactly what I said that was incorrect... Not what you disagree with, but exactly what I said that is factually incorrect.

What you said wasn't factually incorrect. If you are stupid as an employee, you can get fired for that. Whether or not its ethical or practical for somebody to tattle on you like an 8 year old for a petty insult toward a third party (especially when something like Pro Standards exists) is an entirely different discussion.

The matter in which you made your statement, specifically this line, is what I had a problem with.

h25b said:
I understand this is a difficult concept to grasp for an average union goon.

I don't understand why you would insult TSA145 as being a "union goon". What good does that accomplish, and what does it add to the discussion? NOTHING. It makes you come off as a holier-than-thou corporate prick that holds your non-union position above those who are organized. Perhaps thats just my reaction and I could be wrong.

Would YOU report one of YOUR coworkers to your management and have them terminated if they simply called a third coworker an a**hole?

BoilerUP said:
It makes you come off as a holier-than-thou corporate prick that holds your non-union position above those who are organized. Perhaps thats just my reaction and I could be wrong.

Would YOU report one of YOUR coworkers to your management and have them terminated if they simply called a third coworker an a**hole?

Actually your reaction is wrong. I just think you'd all be doing yourself a favor by toning it down a notch.

Would I terminate an employee that was a real pain in the arse and turning the workplace in to a battleground ? You bet. And I'd guess that's where TSA management is going with this. But that's how it works in my world. You guys have your way of doing things, we have ours. If that's how you'd like to do business plan on staying with the airlines.

I can't figure out how you guys can't see that what you are doing will get you nowhere. Yes, denying a jumpseat may yield a certain personal satisfaction but it obviously may get you shown the door and will take your cause nowhere.

Like I said...

As far as I can tell, we have a super hypocrite starting a thread that: (1) made up this entire BS story, (2) doesn't mind putting himself in to a supposed unsafe environment, & (3) doesn't mind putting his personal diifferences aside for a free ride home... NICE...

Keep up the jumpseat war, it's worked so well in the past...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back