Tale from Go Jet jumpseat!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fuelflow said:
Which union am I talking about? Are you still in denial? We have one that represents us far better than the clueless fellows running your outfit. Just look at their track record. Our guys called the outcome of this whole thing before it even started. Are you hoping the NMB will change that? Even if they do, we'll still be separate with separate leadership.

And nobody was fired for denying a jumpseat, and I seriously doubt anyone was fired for calling someone a name. I stand by my statements.

Are taling about the LOOSER who couldn't get any support from the TSA pilot group to become TSA's MEC and right after that turned around and went to GoSh1t????? He is going to represent you really well.....I would pick somebody else...

UEJ500 said:
And please give us a link to anything that says you have a union,

http://www.teamster.org/divisions/airline/airlineorganizing.htm
http://www.teamsterslocal618.org/news-and-events.html

Today ...12-21-05 ... The NMB ruled that the Single Carrier Petition that ALPA file was officially dismissed on lack of merit. This ruling by the board confirms that these are to seperate companies and that the GJ pilots may organize with whatever uion that they want. They could even choose ALPA at this point, and I am sure that DW would welcome them just so he can get his 2%. This ruling closes the door on this issue. GJ is to TSA and TSA Holdings as ComAIR is to Delta and DAL Holding, or as American Eagle is to AA and AMR. Two seperate companies owned by 1 holding company. This from the NMB's own ruling...

Because the company was able to shuffle paperwork in a way to convince the NMB that they are two separate carriers still does not legitimize your group. You are still a bunch that decided they had no regard for this profession and actively pursued a job that undermined fellow pilots, not by circumstance, but by choice. The certification of the Teamsters at G0Jet still leaves you a long way from having a contract that resembles anything other than what the FAR's allow the company to do. I have first hand knowledge that at least one pilot who was negotiating with the company on behalf of your group has resigned from his position in frustration with the company. I am sure that Local 618 (representing Auto dealerships, Tank Haulers, Service Stations, etc.) will do a fine job representing you.

Make no mistake, if the price is right, Trans States Holding will sell you all down the river. That's a perfect example of how you have directly acted to lower wages and benefits in this industry.

Last edited:
The Teamsters can have them, enjoy the road to a contract of sub par caliber. We begin our section 6 Feb 1, 2006, or in about 5 weeks.

SKIPPY

h25b said:
If you don't like being paid like the guy flipping burgers at McDonalds, first try to avoid speaking like them. :confused:

not exactly, DUDE

A couple terms to be avoided include (but are not limited to): biatch, dude, & mumbo jumbo ...

how about bag slinging, lav dumping, corporate fluffer and that kind of MUMBO JUMBO.

my bad, this post is not about your job its about jumpseats.

Skippy,
I wish we could call it negotiations as much as it will be a bidding war for the flying. This is HK's perfect opportunity to exercise a whipsaw and have us compete for our jobs. The guys in STC are not going to have 2 pilot groups where one costs more than the other. Remember, we're competing against a group which has management negotiating for them. If those guys had half a brain they would realize the only way to protect themselves would be to make a call a join us.

Now we're all behind the 8 ball

American connection is safe no matter what. The first day we find out they transfer a 145 to the g0jet certificate, what do you think will happen? A cozy campfire bbq where we all sing "kumbya"? If people are going to lose their jobs in massive quantities and/or dissolve the company, history shows they have no problems taking action into their own hands. We have a few ideas that can be easily and quickly implemented. No worries mate, if I'm not scared, you shouldnt be either!

SKIPPY

FlyHIToo said:
http://www.teamster.org/divisions/airline/airlineorganizing.htm
http://www.teamsterslocal618.org/news-and-events.html

Today ...12-21-05 ... The NMB ruled that the Single Carrier Petition that ALPA file was officially dismissed on lack of merit. This ruling by the board confirms that these are to seperate companies and that the GJ pilots may organize with whatever uion that they want. They could even choose ALPA at this point, and I am sure that DW would welcome them just so he can get his 2%. This ruling closes the door on this issue. GJ is to TSA and TSA Holdings as ComAIR is to Delta and DAL Holding, or as American Eagle is to AA and AMR. Two seperate companies owned by 1 holding company. This from the NMB's own ruling...

I see nothing on the NMB website indicating they have made a ruling on this issue. Where did you get your info?

theo said:
I see nothing on the NMB website indicating they have made a ruling on this issue. Where did you get your info?

Teamsters Local 618
Union Plaza 300 South Grand St. Louis, MO 63103 Phone: 314-533-8945 Fax: 314-533-8945

Call them the have the ruling.....

h25b said:
Last I heard, being DH'd an riding the jumpseat were two different things. But I would agree that being DH'd on them would stink if I were in your shoes. Kind of adding insult to injury.

I'm assuming most companies, like mine, will put you in the jumpseat when you're deadheading, if the airplane is full of revenue pax. So, this guy might not have had much say in whether or not he was going to ride in the jumpseat.
That being said, I do agree with your assessment that someone riding in the jumpseat has no business criticizing the flight crew on that flight, at least not on a public forum. I can see his concern over this particular crews' lack of system knowledge, but I'm quite sure he's not perfect in his ways, either. We all screw up at some point or another.

Latest resources

Back