Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
treetopflyer said:
h25b(iatch)

If you don't like being paid like the guy flipping burgers at McDonalds, first try to avoid speaking like them. :confused:

A couple terms to be avoided include (but are not limited to): biatch, dude, & mumbo jumbo ...

Last edited:
ACT700 said:
What I don't quite understand is, that you all hate *************************s, because they operate the way they do. I'm not going into the entire GJ/scab thing or whatever it is-it's irrelevant to me.

So, all of that badmouthing, GJ are scabs, etc..., yet, you ride their jumpseat?

Enlighten me.....I'm at a loss.

Our wonderful company is deadheading us on them. Don't exactly have a choice. Do note that this is the ONLY other airline we DH on, but of course we are separate companies and all that crap!:mad:

Reelbigfish said:
Our wonderful company is deadheading us on them. Don't exactly have a choice. Do note that this is the ONLY other airline we DH on, but of course we are separate companies and all that crap!:mad:

Last I heard, being DH'd an riding the jumpseat were two different things. But I would agree that being DH'd on them would stink if I were in your shoes. Kind of adding insult to injury.

h25b said:
Last I heard, being DH'd an riding the jumpseat were two different things. But I would agree that being DH'd on them would stink if I were in your shoes. Kind of adding insult to injury.

You sure are good at finding arguments on here. :p

SkyBoy1981 said:
You sure are good at finding arguments on here. :p

The GJ subject seems to provide the most entertainment these days.

Just was curious what deadheading had to do with some idiot who chooses to ride a GJ jumpseat and then makes up some BS story to go with it.

h25b...you are entirely too logical and reasonable to be posting on this subject, emotons and misplaced anger only please!

ACT700 said:
What I don't quite understand is, that you all hate *************************s, because they operate the way they do. I'm not going into the entire GJ/scab thing or whatever it is-it's irrelevant to me.

So, all of that badmouthing, GJ are scabs, etc..., yet, you ride their jumpseat?

Enlighten me.....I'm at a loss.

I've never understood people who can't comprehend the idea of jumpseating on an airline they don't like. Say you are commuting to and from Chicago for 5 years. Every day you've flown on an Air Wisconsin flight because that is who United has contracted with to fly that route. Then all of a sudden, United cancels the contract and sells it to GJ's. You still need to get home and to work every week. Are you really suggesting that these guys avoid jumpseating on GJ's just because they don't like them. The way I see it, they'd only be hurting themselves and their families. How does GJ's or any other airline profit financially from carrying jumpseaters? What financial (or otherwise) punishement is it to GJ's if we all stop jumpseating on them? This is probably the dumbest argument I've ever heard (the one about jumpseating on GJ's) You do what you've got to do to get to work and get home. It's not the same as going to work for them!

DirkkDiggler said:
I've never understood people who can't comprehend the idea of jumpseating on an airline they don't like. Say you are commuting to and from Chicago for 5 years. Every day you've flown on an Air Wisconsin flight because that is who United has contracted with to fly that route. Then all of a sudden, United cancels the contract and sells it to GJ's. You still need to get home and to work every week. Are you really suggesting that these guys avoid jumpseating on GJ's just because they don't like them. The way I see it, they'd only be hurting themselves and their families. How does GJ's or any other airline profit financially from carrying jumpseaters? What financial (or otherwise) punishement is it to GJ's if we all stop jumpseating on them? This is probably the dumbest argument I've ever heard (the one about jumpseating on GJ's) You do what you've got to do to get to work and get home. It's not the same as going to work for them!

Dirk
The issue. I believe, is some misguided pilots on here advocate withholding Go J et pilots a jumpseat yet feel like it is ok to then turn around and ride the JS on Go J et flights. That sort of makes them a hypocrite doesnt it? It also leads to the potential for a jumpseat war. If you are a guy who needs Go J et to get to work than your fellow pilots may very well be setting the stage for you to be refused by a Go J et crew who wants to pay back a refusal he may have encountered. That is not what any of us need or want.

Last edited:
Our union leadership said that nobody has been fired over the jumpseat fiasco. More bad information I guess. They also said the name-calling incident was unrelated to GJ, and I have to seriously doubt that someone was fired for name-calling, even at TSA. I'd bet there's more to that story.

Let's not get worked up about subjects for which we only have partial stories.

Latest resources

Back