• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Taking the high road - SWATRAN debate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dogmatic? Interesting. Alright, ill reserve any specifics- but still say its easy to downplay anyone's thoughts when you disagree. 'Davidian' though? Really?
Creepy was funny though- sorry for the gay visual C! My bad!

Just a little bit longer wait.

Wow you guys suck.

"Hey look more free options"

"Yeah but is it really a good deal? I mean the price is zero and the options are greater but I still feel screwed"

Please. You have an ALPA leader posting on this board w/ a signature telling Swapa to 'go f^ck themselves'-arguing to be above CJ- sorry I don't appreciate that.:-/

If your family lives in lbb, then the appropriate last words are "thank you"

if somebody was trying to steal your job or undervalue the years of service that you invested in the company, it's all one now. you
might feel the same way.

If a Legacy carrier bought SW do you think that it would be fair if the larger airline tried to staple you or give you less than DOH?

You'd be in the "Arbitation Line" in a heartbeat.

AA or DL would try to put all the SW 737 guys below the bigger airplanes
You'd be crying for DOH or Relative Seniority. And you wouldn't
accept anything less than fair.

Last edited:
Kwick,

Why don't you get it? Even Lear70 has stated it...the SWA Pilots should not be penalized because of this acquisition. But as Lear said there is NO WAY SWA pilots can receive all the gains that the AAI pilots are receiving. How is that stealing your job?? The SWA pilots would just like to share in the gains...

Kwick,

You know as well as I do that straight DOH would hurt the SWA pilots more than the AAI pilots...you are a much younger group who brings few retirements to the list...why is it fair and equitable that the AAI pilots win so much while the SWA pilots don't "lose anything"

The time for discussion is on hold till the proposal either comes out or not to the memberships and vote. The reasoning behind this is that it won't be theory any more it will be a hard document and all the posturing to get to this place will rub someone the wrong way and be truly insensitive. Please let's wait till it comes out, then silently discuss, the reality of the discussion of apples to oranges to apples and back is behind us.

Lighten up, we both have our "garden spots". As I said earlier, this is good news, especially for those that live in each other's cities and can best take advantage of the waived fees.

Sorry for making post(s) that elicited negative responses and turned this thread, it was not my intent.

Almost every pilot who focused on swa as a goal, did so prioritizing a better company, people, culture, money, and schedule over exotic locations. I gave up a legacy, and so did many pilots here. There are regionals with a lot more vacation and international spots than AT- so please stop that particular one. You sound like GL.

What's interesting is it looks like we'll get all the spots too.
I'm looking forward to it, but a great company is always better.

This is one of the reason's why the carbi is not so interesting to us. Most of us have been around the world many times over. All I want is AT to bring good customer service.

Kwick,

You know as well as I do that straight DOH would hurt the SWA pilots more than the AAI pilots...you are a much younger group who brings few retirements to the list...why is it fair and equitable that the AAI pilots win so much while the SWA pilots don't "lose anything"

This is the concern of all SWA pilots. We have AT's list and you look at the numbers, DOH won't work. If DOH happens, AT will be the top 35% of the list in 11 years and ride the wave for 20-23 years. The company we built but others get to be on top? Not fair.

Latest resources

Back