• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

tailend part 91 flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Upon further review.... the ref says I can't find that in writing. Might have been taught to me as a rule of thumb without saying so. If I do find it in writing I will let you know. Until then I need to get to enjoying my Friday night and stop reading regs, Op specs, and GOMs.

Knew of a crew that when the Capt called in fatigued, company said ok. When the F/O and FE followed suit, all were suspended pending investigation citing collusion. They were eventually fired and got their jobs back thru union intervention. It happens out there, careful.

Knew of a crew that when the Capt called in fatigued, company said ok. When the F/O and FE followed suit, all were suspended pending investigation citing collusion. They were eventually fired and got their jobs back thru union intervention. It happens out there, careful.

Funny, if the crew agrees on something its collusion, if mgmt agrees on something its policy!

How about union?

Funny, if the crew agrees on something its collusion, if mgmt agrees on something its policy!
What is it when a union decides against 49% of its members?

You can only do one leg 91, if you have to land short for a tech stop your done there until you can get rested and get legal.

Never heard that one before. Once your 91, as far as I know your only bound by part 91 rules, so you can fly as much as you want, land as many times as you want, etc. I've often made more than 1 stop on my way home after dropping freight. There's more than a few places we go that don't have fuel, so you have to stop on the way home for fuel, and I'm not up for spending the night in some place like Fargo North Dakota if I don't have to. That couch in Gwinner ND can be my best friend after a long day though. Most of the time I'd prefer to take a good nap for a few hours and head home than go to a hotel somewhere where I'll get stuck for days on end waiting for another trip that's not going to happen.

Last edited:
You can only do one leg 91, if you have to land short for a tech stop your done there until you can get rested and get legal.

That would be the case if you were still doing it on the duty clock. However, once the duty is over, such restrictions are also over. The ruling precedence at that point is 14 CFR 91.13.

If you're pushing to the end of your duty day and are attempting to continue under "unforecast" circumstances which weren't part of the original planning (ATC delays, wx, mx, etc), you may have difficulty defending a decision to press on beyond that first stop, if it's already crossed the duty and rest line...but then again you may not. You need to consider the circumstances.

If you're pressing on after the duty day has ended (the typical tail end ferry)...you don't have any such restrictions.

Avbug, maybe that is the situation I was thinking of. Either way I have learned something here. Gesh.... my brain hurts now. :laugh:

Just remember folks, 91.13 is the catch all!!!!!

If you have anything happen, and the feds get involved, they can use this rule very broadly!

They could violate me for 91.13 if something happens during hour one of duty too.

Latest resources

Back