• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

tailend part 91 flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fatigue is fatigue if your tired don't do it. The company can't do anything about it. We have a scheduled run at Gemini that go's from Osteede Belgium to Lagos. It is sched for 5.9 on the way down and 6.1 on the way back (12 hours) Never happens it always go's over. So they part 91 back, but we always carry 10.000 lbs of pallets? Comat I don't think so. Alpa won't do Sh%t about it :(

Those ten thousand pounds of pallets become ballast. They've got to be moved, could just as easily be COMAT.

They could violate me for 91.13 if something happens during hour one of duty too.

Yes...91.13 gets frequently invoked along with nearly every violation. The difference is that exceeding your times can become 91.13 all by itself. It's also the one regulation that's invoked in every legal interpretation on the subject, and very relevant.

It's also usually the first one to get dropped when a lawyer gets involved. It's policy to slap the 91.13 on top of every offense. This is probably because it allows the Feds to negotiate with your attorney but still "convict" you of the offense they want to get you on.

My point was you don't have to be over flight time or duty in order to be fatigued and in violation of 91.13. I think you agreed with me on that.

We have a scheduled run at Gemini that go's from Osteede Belgium to Lagos. It is sched for 5.9 on the way down and 6.1 on the way back (12 hours) Never happens it always go's over.

Even with revenue, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see flight times "work out" just to avoid laying over in Lagos :smash:.

For years, we operated an out and back that was scheduled under 12, but went over often enough to catch the attention of some people. Duty day times also played into it. The trip is now a layover and way more enjoyable.

Latest resources

Back