• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tab Express (Deland, FL) Shuts Down!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There was a thread just a few months ago about Tab, from those inquiring if it was a good place to go. Of course it turned into a heated debate about PFT, for those who endorsed it I hate to say I told you so, but, I told you so.

There have been numerous threads about TAB in the last few weeks. In all of them people have basically said STAY AWAY. When a person wants to be an "airline pilot" and they have a lot of pappy's money to spend they just will not take advice.

Kream926 said:
just like all ATP back in the day

was that the name i cant remember??

It was Airline Training Academy based at Orlando Executive airport. The school was owned and operated by a retired Delta captain James "Jim" Williams and family. If anybody knows the whereabouts of this family I would appreciate it if you forward the information to me. Apparently theft at this level is a white collar crime. The Williams family made of with $16m and as far as I know they never served a day in jail and they kept all of their assests.

It's unfortunate that we're not all perfect investors like pi$$stream 200 and tdturdo. Yes I went to Tab. No I didn't drop 100k. I made it through just as the "airline" scam was being dreamed up. I agree that the three headed monster of mitch, bob and tony deserve to go to jail for everyone they stuck it too, but the students were just looking for the fastest way into the industry. You can pi$$ and moan all you want about pft and all of that bs, but the truth is if the majority of us had the financial ability, we would've done the same thing. The regionals may not pay much, but it sure as hell beats $8/hour flying in the traffic pattern and doing stalls and steep turns. Like I said if you want to go after the mgmt at Tab go for it, I'm right there with you; but cut the students a break. They still owe 100k with nothing to show for it. I think thats enough of a beating for one lifetime.

fliynhi said:
It's unfortunate that we're not all perfect investors like pi$$stream 200 and tdturdo. Yes I went to Tab. No I didn't drop 100k. I made it through just as the "airline" scam was being dreamed up. I agree that the three headed monster of mitch, bob and tony deserve to go to jail for everyone they stuck it too, but the students were just looking for the fastest way into the industry. You can pi$$ and moan all you want about pft and all of that bs, but the truth is if the majority of us had the financial ability, we would've done the same thing.

Nope, can't say that I would have.

fliynhi said:
The regionals may not pay much, but it sure as hell beats $8/hour flying in the traffic pattern and doing stalls and steep turns.

If you're only making $8/hr, then your either a really bad instructor, or you're working for the wrong guy. If you want to make more than that, you can. Just takes effort, but we can't put any effort into it can we?

I think I'll do something thats rarely seen on this message board and appologize to gulfstream and tdturbo for the name calling. We're all professionals here and deserve to be treated as such. I just feel that the aggression and anger should be pointed to the ones that deserve it; Mitch Mitchelson, Bob Adamo and Tony Ptach. I really hope the Florida and/or US Attorney General get involved this time and put an end to these money scamming a$$holes! If you truly feel that the students got what they deserved, thats you opinion. Try looking at it from their point of view though.

This is white collar crime, without a doubt. I know allot of the students who were there and allot of the fraud that was involved. These people (including the lender) committed bank fraud, deceptive advertisement, and fraud in the inducement.

I wouldn't call it entreprenuereal spirit, Bank Fraud is a serious crime and needs to be dealt with accordingly by our public officials.

If I were those students I will steel those AB90s and B1900s and sell them in Mexico.

fliynhi said:
It's unfortunate that we're not all perfect investors like pi$$stream 200 and tdturdo. Yes I went to Tab. No I didn't drop 100k. I made it through just as the "airline" scam was being dreamed up. I agree that the three headed monster of mitch, bob and tony deserve to go to jail for everyone they stuck it too, but the students were just looking for the fastest way into the industry. You can pi$$ and moan all you want about pft and all of that bs, but the truth is if the majority of us had the financial ability, we would've done the same thing. The regionals may not pay much, but it sure as hell beats $8/hour flying in the traffic pattern and doing stalls and steep turns. Like I said if you want to go after the mgmt at Tab go for it, I'm right there with you; but cut the students a break. They still owe 100k with nothing to show for it. I think thats enough of a beating for one lifetime.[/QUOTE

no need to apologize to me, you got all you deserve!

"Investor"...hardly....try "industry scumbag"

you see, the point is to get paid for flying passengers, not pay to fly passengers.

AVIATION 101 we call it.

And you failed.

Bet that 8$/hr sounds good now huh? By the way, its easy to make 15-25/hr as a CFI....but maybe thats not what the shiny brochures at TAB said...

hey did you at least get to keep your King Air uniform?

:rolleyes: .

BrianNC said:
Here is an article from the student's viewpoint.

http://www.wesh.com/news/4618631/detail.html
From that article: "For now, students have no use for uniforms, flight books, and laptops, with no classes to attend."

As if they had a use for the uniform previously?!?!?

Also, :"TAB Express owner Robert Adamo said the airline closed because it's suing a bank that is no longer issuing loans for flight school students."

I'll have to remember that tactic. If I can't get a loan from a bank, I'll just sue the bank.

I gotta go now - - I'm going to get all my neighbors together for a joint venture. They're gonna take out $2 million loans, give the money to me, and I'm going to paint flourescent street numbers on the curbs. I need to hire a consultant to design a neighborhood uniform - - I'm thinking khaki shorts and maroon polos... any ideas on footwear?

:)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back